Timesheet: Usability Design Improvements

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
mbernardo

Timesheet: Usability Design Improvements

Post by mbernardo »

1. Attendance > Timesheet: Clicking on a cell automatically opens the Punch In/Out Pop-Up instead of having to click on "New".

2. Punch In/Out Pop-Up: Hitting the Enter key "saves" the entry instead of having to click on "Save".

These were important features found in the previous version that are now gone. Saves me time and my wrists.
shaunw

Re: Timesheet: Usability Design Improvements

Post by shaunw »

mbernardo wrote:1. Attendance > Timesheet: Clicking on a cell automatically opens the Punch In/Out Pop-Up instead of having to click on "New".
This wouldn't work as it conflicts other features, like editing, mass selection, etc...
mbernardo wrote: 2. Punch In/Out Pop-Up: Hitting the Enter key "saves" the entry instead of having to click on "Save".

These were important features found in the previous version that are now gone. Saves me time and my wrists.
CTRL+ALT+S is the shortcut key for the Save icon. Each icon label has a underlined character that when pressed with CTRL+ALT will execute that icon's action.

CTRL+ALT+N can be used instead of clicking the "New" icon as well.
mbernardo

Post by mbernardo »

shaunw wrote:
mbernardo wrote:1. Attendance > Timesheet: Clicking on a cell automatically opens the Punch In/Out Pop-Up instead of having to click on "New".
This wouldn't work as it conflicts other features, like editing, mass selection, etc...
mbernardo wrote: 2. Punch In/Out Pop-Up: Hitting the Enter key "saves" the entry instead of having to click on "Save".

CTRL+ALT+S is the shortcut key for the Save icon. Each icon label has a underlined character that when pressed with CTRL+ALT will execute that icon's action.

CTRL+ALT+N can be used instead of clicking the "New" icon as well.
Thanks, that works. I also just realized that with the new interface, I can Mass Edit by holding down the Shift Key and clicking on one or more cells. This is extremely useful.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yup, along with drag & drop copying too, you should really watch this introduction video to the new interface:
http://demo.timetrex.com/interface/BetaTest.php