Recurring Schedule does not apply the "policy schedule&

Discussion for TimeTrex open source community developers.
mohan

Recurring Schedule does not apply the "policy schedule&

Post by mohan »

Hi,
I defined a "policy schedule" to workers on 8 hour shifts. If they work overtime hours are banked and if they work undertime hours are deducted.
I am assuming "recurring schedule" should work the same way as "mass schedule" and if so this seems to be a bug and it happens to all policies not just the one above.

admin -> policies -> schedule policies -> "my shift policy"
Assign it....
schedule -> "recurring schedule template" -> add
schedule->"recurring schedule" -> add

I tested it using "mass punch" but "my shift policy" was not applied.
Also when I searched using
schedules -> "scheduled shifts" all schedules which were applied using "recurring schedule templates" do not appear?
I tried this on version 22.22 and version 3.0.0-rc2.

I was able to workaround and apply the policy correctly using...
"mass schedule" -> "schedule policy"
schedule policy ->"my shift policy"
martin.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, I don't understand what the issue is. Can you please explain it more clearly with exact steps to reproduce it.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you are using recurring schedules, they don't take effect immediately, so if you just created the recurring schedule then attempt to add punches immediately, the recurring schedule hasn't had a chance to be committed, so your policies won't be applied.

You need to wait up to 24hrs for newly created recurring schedules to actually become committed for the day. How you can tell is if you go to Schedule -> MySchedule and make sure the shift is in blue text as an HTML link, if the text is black its a non-committed shift. Once the schedule is in blue text, you can add punches and have the schedule policy applied correctly.

Under normal circumstances TimeTrex commits recurring schedules 4hrs before the shift is expected to start. That is why if its currently 10AM on Friday and you create a new recurring schedule that starts at 8:00AM, it won't be committed on Friday (its past 8AM already), it will only be committed for the next shift.