ERROR: LDAP extension for PHP is not installed! LDAP authent

Discussion for TimeTrex open source community developers.
mohan

ERROR: LDAP extension for PHP is not installed! LDAP authent

Post by mohan »

Hello,
I am intrested in the new ldap function in v3.1.0 of timetrex.
I am using the linux and the php packaged with the Timetrex download.

Scientific Linux SL release 5.3 (Boron)
[~]$ ./TimeTrex/php/bin/php --version
PHP 5.2.6 (cli) (built: Dec 11 2008 13:01:02)

I tried with a complete new installation of..
TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v3.1.0-rc1-linux-installer.bin

Admin -> company -> company information
-Select LDAP Authentication -> enabled -w/local fallback

I see a big red banner saying.
ERROR: LDAP extension for PHP is not installed! LDAP authentication will not function.

From googling it seems I must recompile the php --with-ldap and add extension to php or
maybe add ldap.so to ./TimeTrex/php/lib/php/extensions?

My question is how do I configure the php provided for ldap ?

Thanks,
Martin Mohan.
shaunw

Re: ERROR: LDAP extension for PHP is not installed! LDAP authent

Post by shaunw »

On Linux you will need to use the manual .ZIP file and install the PHP bundled with your operating system to get LDAP support. Currently our Linux automated installer does not support support the LDAP extension.
mohan

Post by mohan »

Unfortunately I could not get php to configure with your options.
Your new ldap is using php5.3.
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1745

1. I download and unpack latest php.
http://it.php.net/get/php-5.3.2.tar.bz2/from/a/mirror
tar --use-compress-program bzip2 -xvf php-5.3.2.tar.bz2

I found your configure options by putting
/scratch/local/TimeTrex/timetrex/phpinfo.php
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
http://localhost:8085/phpinfo.php

Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/php' '--with-imap=/bitnami/timetrexstack/src/imap-2006g' '--with-apxs2=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-iconv=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-dom=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-expat=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-png-dir=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-gd=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-zlib' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-curl=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-jpeg-dir=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-iconv=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-libxml-dir=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-expat-dir=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-zlib-dir=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--enable-soap' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-ftp' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-fastcgi' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-pear' '--with-pgsql=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/postgresql' '--with-gettext' '--enable-cgi' '--with-imap=/bitnami/timetrexstack/src/imap-2006g' '--with-imap-ssl=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--enable-zip' '--with-bz2=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--with-mcrypt=/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common' '--enable-calendar'

I replaced /bitnami/timetrexstack/ with my Timetrex directory where I could...
./configure --with-ldap --prefix=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/php --with-apxs2=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/apache2/bin/apxs --with-iconv=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-dom=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-expat=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-png-dir=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-gd=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-zlib --enable-mbstring=all --with-curl=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-jpeg-dir=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-iconv=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-libxml-dir=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-expat-dir=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-zlib-dir=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --enable-mbstring=all --enable-soap --enable-bcmath --enable-ftp --with-xmlrpc --enable-fastcgi --enable-force-cgi-redirect --with-pear --with-pgsql=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/postgresql --with-gettext --enable-cgi --with-imap-ssl=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --enable-zip --with-bz2=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --with-mcrypt=/scratch/local/TimeTrex/common --enable-calendar

Then I get error...
configure:20173: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden -Wl,-rpath,/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common/lib -L/bitnami/timetrexstack/output/common/lib conftest.c

-lrt -lm -ldl -lnsl -lxml2 -lz -liconv -lm 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -liconv
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Errors with compiling PHP is outside the scope of this forum, I recommend asking your question in a PHP or Linux related forum instead.

We recommend using TimeTrex on Linux distributions where you don't need to compile anything such as Ubuntu/RedHat/CentOS/Debian etc... As most of these distributions only require a command as simple as:

apt-get install php5-ldap