Codebase

Discussion for TimeTrex open source community developers.
PaulaB

Codebase

Post by PaulaB »

Hello, I'm a developer, and want to study the TimeTrex code base. I'd like to do so by importing it into and Eclipse PDT, PHP project, so that I can then run it interactively via xdebug and 'watch' it execute. Is this do-able? If so please outline the steps required. Is the entire code base included in the .bin linux file, or downloaded from somewhere else?
PaulaB

Re: Codebase

Post by PaulaB »

Anybody have an answer here?
PaulaB

Post by PaulaB »

If anyone out there is interested, I answered my own questions with a bit of experimentation:
I'd like to do so by importing it into and Eclipse PDT, PHP project, so that I can then run it interactively via xdebug and 'watch' it execute. Is this do-able? If so please outline the steps required.
Yes. it is do-able.
  • Install and configure xdebug.
    Install Eclipse PDT.
    Manually install the timetrex source: download, then extract it to the Eclipse workspace folder.
    Execute the timetrex installation script: interface/install.php.
    Make sure timetrex is successfully installed, and running correctly.
    Run Eclipse.
    Make a new PHP Eclipse project using the same name as the timetrex folder in Eclipse's workspace.
    If it's configured correctly, you should be able to then: Right Click on the startup timetrex interface/index.php file from the PHP perspective. Choose 'Debug as PHP Web Page'. This should launch the degugger, and you should then be able to intereractively step through the timetrex code.
Is the entire code base included in the .bin linux file, or downloaded from somewhere else?
It is all included in the Manual Installation .zip file.
allanregistos

Post by allanregistos »

PaulaB wrote:If anyone out there is interested, I answered my own questions with a bit of experimentation:
I'd like to do so by importing it into and Eclipse PDT, PHP project, so that I can then run it interactively via xdebug and 'watch' it execute. Is this do-able? If so please outline the steps required.
Yes. it is do-able.
  • Install and configure xdebug.
    Install Eclipse PDT.
    Manually install the timetrex source: download, then extract it to the Eclipse workspace folder.
    Execute the timetrex installation script: interface/install.php.
    Make sure timetrex is successfully installed, and running correctly.
    Run Eclipse.
    Make a new PHP Eclipse project using the same name as the timetrex folder in Eclipse's workspace.
    If it's configured correctly, you should be able to then: Right Click on the startup timetrex interface/index.php file from the PHP perspective. Choose 'Debug as PHP Web Page'. This should launch the degugger, and you should then be able to intereractively step through the timetrex code.
Is the entire code base included in the .bin linux file, or downloaded from somewhere else?
It is all included in the Manual Installation .zip file.
Hi, is it possible for netbeans?