Customized Login.php

Discussion for TimeTrex open source community developers.
allanregistos

Customized Login.php

Post by allanregistos »

Hi,

I have created a customized login.php where I've only required the employee number to be entered instead of both username and password. In this way,we can use an off-the-shelf barcode hardware for our needs. Please see the attached files. The employee will enter his/her employee_number then press the enter key, and then another page to give the option of IN or OUT by pressing the minus and plus on the keypad. Yes, the default is IN or OUT depending on the last status of the employee.

The problem I have is the confirmation box(frame) I provided below(see customized-punch.php.png). It won't update according to the current date. As a workaround I am using the ViewUserTimeSheetCustom.php(original is ViewUserTimeSheet.php) so that an employee can use the mouse to navigate dates. But I just want to get this updated according to the current date. I am looking ways on how to do this by hand. I know there is an easy way like a simple query of last_name, first_name, time and status for the user to get assured that he/she successfully clock in or out. But still I am having a hard time. Any idea?

Thank you...
Allan
Attachments
customized-punch.php.png
customized-login.php
customized-login.php
shaunw

Re: Customized Login.php

Post by shaunw »

In case you weren't aware, TimeTrex Business Edition supports barcode readers with the TimeTrex Client Application that allows employees to punch in/out by simply scanning a single barcode, no need to touch the computer whatsoever, and you don't even need to have a web browser open. It also allows them to select different punch options by scanning barcodes, such as In/Out, or changing to Lunch/Break punches (among others).