Day span

Discussion for TimeTrex open source community developers.
jorge

Day span

Post by jorge »

Hi:
Is there a way to setup shifts that span to the next day, i.e, a shifts starts at 10:pm and ends 4.pm the next day, hoe to display it that way in the schedule window. I can't find the way, probably I'm missing something.

Best Regards
Our man from Havana
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Just enter the times you want, make sure the date is the date the shift starts on, for example:

Date: 15-Sep-07
Start Time: 10:00PM
End Time: 4:00AM

TimeTrex is smart enough to know that 4:00AM has to fall on 16-Sep-07.
jorge

Still no avail

Post by jorge »

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I agree with you.
But I just input in the demo application the time the way you have stated and I can only see the scheduled time displayed in one cell, it doesn't jump to the next day. You can see the schedule Mr Admistrator for saturday 15 in the demo. Is this the way it is intended to work?

Thanks and best regards!
Our man from Havana
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, TimeTrex won't split the schedule onto two days because that would make it really difficult to read. Instead it keeps it all together in a single cell.
jorge

Understood

Post by jorge »

Hi:
Thanks a lot, that was my point!
So the day span should be visible for example in punchs reports, when calculating salaries and aplying overtime policies?

Regards
Our man from Havana
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

That depends on how you have TimeTrex configured. It can go either way, but at this time TimeTrex will never split up a single punch pair onto two different days.

It can however be configured to combine separate punch pairs so they are all recorded as being on a single day, even though they may span midnight.

This is what we call the daily continuous time in the pay period schedule.