Customize Reports

Discussion for TimeTrex open source community developers.
blacksmith

Customize Reports

Post by blacksmith »

Is it possible to customize reports in TimeTrex?

OR can we use some special tools for this purpose like JasperReports for example? and if not do you intend to include it in future releases?

It will be very useful. It will add more powerful to TimeTrexis as it is very easy to generate reports with a tool such as JasperReports.

Thanks very much.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What exactly are you looking to customize?
blacksmith

Example Field of Required Report

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks very much for immediate reply and sorry for my late response for some circumstances.

I want to get a report that shows tracking of historical data for some employees such as salaries and deductions.

Example fields required in a report:

Employee Name Salary Effective Date Deduction When Absence or Holiday When

Black 1000$ May 2008 Smoking 15 May 2008 Sick 19 May 2008

For your convenience, if TimeTrex support this, just tell me the starting point. If it doesn't, is there any other way to customize reports. For example, using iReport or from inside TimeTrex?

Just tell me the starting point.

Thanks very much.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The Employee Detail report will show salary history.

As for the deductions I don't quite understand what exactly you are looking for.

It would be possible to use 3rd party reporting engines, but it would definitely not be a simple process to setup, and it would require that you have a good understanding of the underlying data format that TimeTrex uses in its SQL database.
blacksmith

Third party report engine

Post by blacksmith »

TimeTrex generates salary history in a way or another.

But for decision makers, managers, directors...etc, they need a summarized report for employee salary history. Each employee is in one row only.

Something like this:

1. This report format may be generated by TimeTrex but I may didn't reached to it. Is this supported by TimeTrex?

2. If not supported, how can I integrate reports generated by third party report engine like iReport with TimeTrex? Just the head lines or main points.

3. Do you recommend specific report engine name to use with TimeTrex?

Thanks very much
shaunw

Re: Third party report engine

Post by shaunw »

blacksmith wrote: 1. This report format may be generated by TimeTrex but I may didn't reached to it. Is this supported by TimeTrex?
TimeTrex doesn't have a report that matches exactly what you are looking for. The Employee Detail report comes the closest, but its much more detailed and displays multiple rows per employee.
blacksmith wrote: 2. If not supported, how can I integrate reports generated by third party report engine like iReport with TimeTrex? Just the head lines or main points.
This entirely depends on how the reporting engine itself works. I'm not familiar with iReport so I can't say for sure.
blacksmith wrote: 3. Do you recommend specific report engine name to use with TimeTrex?
Whatever reporting engine you are most familiar with should be fine.
blacksmith

Last word about reporting engine

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks for reply.

I have a last word about this.
Whatever reporting engine you are most familiar with should be fine.
My objective is to generate an output from the report engine then integrate it with TimeTrex to be listed in the Reports menu (Employee Info Summary, Paystub report,...or whatever)

Is there is any way to achieve this?

Thanks very much
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, it may be possible to do that depending on which reporting engine you use. Regardless it will require that you modify the source code of TimeTrex however.