Bug: 2 in or 2 out punches allowed in same punch pair

Discussion for TimeTrex open source community developers.
scosaunders

Bug: 2 in or 2 out punches allowed in same punch pair

Post by scosaunders »

This seems to be a problem only when adding/editing a punch via the timesheet table cells. I get this behavior when clicking the empty cell of a partially completed punch pair (the previous punch in the pair is an In or Out) and I change the punch status of the new punch to match the In or Out respectively so that there are two In's or two Out's for that same pair. Now when the timesheet reloads it seems to have done things properly as it visually separates the two In's or two Out's into separate pairs on the same day, however the two new empty cells (for those new 'pairs') both link to edit the same punch pair thus producing the error "Punch Control can not have more than two punches.". It's uncommon that anybody would come across this behavior as it is illogical however it seems that 2 punches with the same status should never be allowed to be created in the same punch pair in the first place. This 'bug' may cause other odd behavior such as moving a punch to the wrong day when it's duplicate status pair's date is changed. Of course this seems to be by design when changed for a correctly matched (In and Out) punch pair. Please let me know if I haven't explained the problem clearly.

TimeTrex v2.2.12
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue and for providing an excellent explanation as to how our developers can replicate it.

The issue will be fixed in TimeTrex v2.2.13, due it out in a week or so.