Pending employee verification of timesheet

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
mbusboom

Pending employee verification of timesheet

Post by mbusboom »

How do I get the Pending Employee Verification changed from this status to verified?

I am the payroll admininstrator ... and he is an employee.
Attachments
pending.doc
(130.5 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
shaunw

Re: Pending employee verification of timesheet

Post by shaunw »

That depends on what your timesheet verification settings are in your Pay Period Schedule. In there you set a verification window that timesheets can only be verified within, and who can verify the timesheet.
mbusboom

Post by mbusboom »

1) There was an original verification period. I have tried to go back into that pay period & change the verification period in order that it can be verified. -- I read in a previous posting about putting in negative numbers -- for example -16 days after end of pay period..in order to allow verification.

2) Do timesheets HAVE to be verified? Since that was our "test" time period & we did not have all employees input ... can we leave some of the timesheets unverified?

TIA

Marilyn
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeSheets do not need to be verified, its for informational purposes only.
LisaM

Post by LisaM »

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I know verifications are informational, but where does one go to verify the time sheet so that the message on the time sheet is 'verified'? In the end of pay period screen, when I click verifications, it takes me to a time sheet summary report screen.

Help!
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-01-21 at 12.50.35 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-01-21 at 12.49.47 PM.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeSheet -> MyTimeSheet is where you verify timesheets, a button in the bottom left will appear if all criteria are met.

Depending on your setting, the criteria are:

1. "Todays" date falls within the verification window set for the pay period schedule.
2. Hierarchies are setup correctly to define superior/subordinate relationships.

It looks like to me you are missing item #2. Only superiors as defined by the hierarchy can verify timesheets for their subordinates.
LisaM

Post by LisaM »

When I signed on as his supervisor, the verify button appeared. Thank you!

I thought as "admin" I would automatically be allowed to verify his time sheet but I had to put myself in as a superior on the Hierarchy screen. All is well.

Thanks again.
Lisa
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-01-21 at 1.32.19 PM.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex doesn't go beyond the hierarchy for authorization/verification tasks. As the administrator you could add yourself to any hierarchy so you could authorize/verify timesheets and requests if you want though.

The bottom line though is if you're not in the hierarchy, your not considered to be a position to carry out hierarchical tasks.
retched

Post by retched »

Here is a weird question.

Can you verify your own timesheet if you are the admin with no superior above you?

I set my option to "Superior Only" and I can see the "Pending Verification" highlighted in the Time Card screen, but cannot do so?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Only superiors can verify timesheets, if there is no superior above you it doesn't make much sense to verify your own timesheet.