Accrual Policies Displayed on Edit Absence Screen

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
LisaM

Accrual Policies Displayed on Edit Absence Screen

Post by LisaM »

Hi,

Has there been any progress on displaying only the accrual policies that are a part of the employee's policy group as opposed to displaying all? we have about 30 different policies and would love it if Timetrex restricted the selection to only the policies applicable to the specific employee.

Thanks,
Lisa M - business edition on-demand
shaunw

Re: Accrual Policies Displayed on Edit Absence Screen

Post by shaunw »

I don't recall the exact version that implemented this fix, but TimeTrex no longer shows Accrual Policies with a 0 balance on the Accrual Balance list. It has to continue to show accrual balances for policies that are no longer assigned to employees for other reasons, but if the accrual balance is 0 its no longer displayed regardless.
LisaM

Post by LisaM »

Hi Shaun,

My question is really about the number of policies that appear on the edit absence screen when inputting an absence from the timesheet screen. It displays every single accrual policy we have in the system. The user must then scroll around until the applicable policy is found. I was wondering whether there was a release coming in which the only accrual policies displayed are the ones that are specified in the employee's policy group.

Hope this made it clearer.

Thanks,
Lisa
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I see, you're actually referring to absence policies, not accrual policies. Restricting these hasn't been implemented yet, but is planned for the future.
LisaM

Post by LisaM »

Hi,

On the Edit Absence Screen, it's asking for selection of an accrual policy:
Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 6.48.12 PM.png
Which pulls up a list of whatever's in there:
Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 6.48.28 PM.png
so you're saying that although it specifies accrual policy, it's is really the absence policy we're selecting?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

That page (Edit Absence) is actually asking you to select a "Type", or more specifically an "Absence Type", which it then gives you a dropdown box containing all absence policies that are available.

Absence policies are then related to an accrual policy, which is how it shows you the accrual balance.

It just so happens that you've created an absence policy that likely matches every accrual policy that you have also created, which is quite rare.