Alternate Hardware?

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
joako

Alternate Hardware?

Post by joako »

My co-worker came across the Fingerprint Time & Attendance System, the specifications are eerily similar to the TimeTrex TTA8.

I am wondering:

1) Is there any customized firmware in the TTA8?
2) Will this work with TimeTrex Business?
shaunw

Re: Alternate Hardware?

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex only works with devices purchased from our Online Store.

http://www.timetrex.com/hardware.php
jha

Post by jha »

joako wrote:My co-worker came across the Fingerprint Time & Attendance System, the specifications are eerily similar to the TimeTrex TTA8.

I am wondering:

1) Is there any customized firmware in the TTA8?
2) Will this work with TimeTrex Business?
Did you ever discover anything on this?

I know TimeTrex does not support other devices.
joako

Post by joako »

I think it will work, I got timetrex standard edition to install as enterprise edition, but there are missing files so I can't really test it. Without the Timetrex enterprise edition I can't say for sure.

It would be nice if TimeTrex would be a little more open. I might have bought the enterprise edition if they were willing to work with me. How can TimeTrex claim to be opensource and not release details on how their system works? That's opensource on paper but not in the spirit of it.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

All TimeTrex hardware devices have a customized firmware specifically designed to tightly integrate with the unique features and functionality that the TimeTrex software has to offer. This is just one of the reasons why we don't support 3rd party devices, the other is that there are literally thousands of devices out there all of which have their own custom communication protocols and work flow designs that make them impossible to support or integrate with the high quality that our customers come to expect.