Uncaught exception

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
rwmarch

Uncaught exception

Post by rwmarch »

A new installation of TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.6.0-beta1 on SUSE 10.2 and Postgresql version 8 and php5:

After apparently successful installation and configuration, initial login is met with a blank screen and the following:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'postgres7 error: [-1: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block] in adodb_throw(CREATE SEQUENCE system_log_id_seq START 1, )\n' in /srv/www/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78\nStack trace:\n#0 /srv/www/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(221): adodb_throw('postgres7', 'adodb_throw', -1, 'ERROR: current...', 'CREATE SEQUENCE...', false, Object(ADODB_postgres7))\n#1 /srv/www/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(886): ADODB_TransMonitor('postgres7', 'EXECUTE', -1, 'ERROR: current...', 'CREATE SEQUENCE...', false, Object(ADODB_postgres7))\n#2 /srv/www/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(861): ADOConnection->_Execute('CREATE SEQUENCE...', false)\n#3 /srv/www/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(954): ADOConnection->Execute('CREATE SEQUENCE...')\n#4 /srv/www/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/modules/core/Factory.class.php(754): ADOConnection->GenID('system_log_id_s...')\n#5 /srv/www/ in /srv/www/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78, referer: http://random/TimeTrex/interface//Login.php

It would appear that something about PHP is missing. Any advice appreciated.

-Robert
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Does this happen every time? If so, please follow the instructions here:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89

to enable debug mode so you can see all the SQL commands that are being run. It appears a SQL query before the one that is returning an error is causing the problem, enabling debug verbosity 11 will show all SQL queries being run.

As an interesting data point can you install v1.5.1 without any problems?
rwmarch

Post by rwmarch »

shaunw wrote:Does this happen every time? If so, please follow the instructions here:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89

to enable debug mode so you can see all the SQL commands that are being run. It appears a SQL query before the one that is returning an error is causing the problem, enabling debug verbosity 11 will show all SQL queries being run.

As an interesting data point can you install v1.5.1 without any problems?
I have re-installed TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.6.0-beta1 and I have tried v1.5.1. And I have followed the instructions in http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89
Both versions are behaving the same and instead of a blank page I get "User Name or Password is incorrect". Which userid/password am I supposed to be using? Presumably the one in timetrex.ini.php, but it does not seem to matter what I use.

The php5 log is empty. Nothing there.

In line output is:
Debug Buffer
============================================================================
Memory Usage: 5098572
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEBUG [153]: [Function](): URI: /timetrex-1.5.1/interface/Login.php
DEBUG [155]: [Function](): Production: 1
DEBUG [49]: [Function](): Bypassing Authentication
DEBUG [50]: [Function](): User Name: timetrex
DEBUG [426]: Authentication::Login(): Login Type: USER_NAME
DEBUG [405]: Validator::Error(): Validation Error: Label: user_name Msg: User Name or Password is incorrect
DEBUG [384] Array: Validator::isValid(): Errors

array(1) {
["user_name"]=>
array(1) {
[0]=>
string(34) "User Name or Password is incorrect"
}
}

timetrex=# \du
List of roles
Role name | Superuser | Create role | Create DB | Connections | Member of
-----------+-----------+-------------+-----------+-------------+-----------
ledgersmb | yes | yes | yes | no limit |
postgres | yes | yes | yes | no limit |
robert | no | no | no | no limit |
timetrex | no | no | no | no limit |
(4 rows)
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When you install TimeTrex it asks you to create a username/password. Once you get to the login screen you need to login as the username/password you just created.

This is different from the username/password in your timetrex.ini.php file, which is strictly for TimeTrex to connect to your database.