Break Policy ? How to...

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
dritan

Break Policy ? How to...

Post by dritan »

Hi!
I have to find a solution for this situation: There are 2 buildings:A and B, distant 2-5 minutes. The employees are moving through building for working purpose. The problm is that this 5 minutes difference from 1 building to another, should be counted as in work. Is the Break policy a solution for this kind of situation?

Another question is: are there any reports to show statistical data about th time of entrance? Any report to show which persons have arrived at work later than 8:15? Is there any report to show only people with a kind of exception, example IN LATE?

Thanks and b. regards!

Dritan
shaunw

Re: Break Policy ? How to...

Post by shaunw »

I have to find a solution for this situation: There are 2 buildings:A and B, distant 2-5 minutes. The employees are moving through building for working purpose. The problm is that this 5 minutes difference from 1 building to another, should be counted as in work. Is the Break policy a solution for this kind of situation?
I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for, do you want to track to this "travel time" separately from other time? Or do you just want to know what building the employee is working in, without losing any time to the travel period?
Another question is: are there any reports to show statistical data about th time of entrance? Any report to show which persons have arrived at work later than 8:15? Is there any report to show only people with a kind of exception, example IN LATE?
Report -> Employee Detail may offer what you are looking for.
dritan

Post by dritan »

Dear Shaunw,

The situation is like this:
there are 2 buildings 5 minutes distant.
The people are punching Out when should move from building A to B and punching IN when arrive to B. So this 5 minutes is calculated as they are Out. So in a 8 hours scheduled time, their timesheet is less than 8 hours, because this interval that they move from one building to another cannot be calculated. Can be possible to use Break policy, or something else that if difference punch Out to In, is Less than 5 min, it should be rounded to 0, so this can be a solution.

The second question is better explained like this.
If the scheduled time is 8 AM to 4 PM, the tolerance (grace) time 10 minutes. We want to know who has arrived IN LATE.
I have seen TimeSheet-Exceptions with an active IN LATE exception 10 minutes grace with a window 01:00. The problem is that if one person punches IN before 8, exa. 7:30, goes OUT at 7:55 and enters at 8,20 again, it gives an exception, because as I understood the First Punch is calculated inside the scheduled time. Is there any possibility that we can know which people are really IN LATE?

Best regards & Thank you again.
shaunw wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for, do you want to track to this "travel time" separately from other time? Or do you just want to know what building the employee is working in, without losing any time to the travel period?
Report -> Employee Detail may offer what you are looking for.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The situation is like this:
there are 2 buildings 5 minutes distant.
The people are punching Out when should move from building A to B and punching IN when arrive to B. So this 5 minutes is calculated as they are Out. So in a 8 hours scheduled time, their timesheet is less than 8 hours, because this interval that they move from one building to another cannot be calculated. Can be possible to use Break policy, or something else that if difference punch Out to In, is Less than 5 min, it should be rounded to 0, so this can be a solution.
If you want the travel time to be rounded away or "paid", there are a few solutions:

1. Don't have the employees punch out when they leave building A, instead have them do a Punch In (with Transfer enabled) when they get to their destination building B. Transfer punches are designed to punch them out of building A (branch/department) and into building B at the exact same time with no gap between them. This also reduces the number of punches required for the employees.

If you instead want to track the travel time, there are other methods for doing that...
The second question is better explained like this.
If the scheduled time is 8 AM to 4 PM, the tolerance (grace) time 10 minutes. We want to know who has arrived IN LATE.
I have seen TimeSheet-Exceptions with an active IN LATE exception 10 minutes grace with a window 01:00. The problem is that if one person punches IN before 8, exa. 7:30, goes OUT at 7:55 and enters at 8,20 again, it gives an exception, because as I understood the First Punch is calculated inside the scheduled time. Is there any possibility that we can know which people are really IN LATE?
Using transfer punches as described above will prevent this issue from happening.
dritan

Post by dritan »

I have installed Timetrex in a server, and I have linked to another Software (ACCESS CONTROL). So this system take punches from their database to timetrex database. The problem is that employes, should punch every time they open the door,so they cannot use trensfer punches. What can we do?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You could use an Auto-Add break policy, but if you are getting the punches from an access control system you likely won't know when its a break punch as compared to a normal punch. Other than that your only option is to setup a rounding policy with a high enough interval that it rounds away the time it takes for employees to move between locations, but it will likely have to round all punches the same, which you may or may not want.

None of these options will likely work very well for you, and this is a good example as to why we don't recommend using an access control system for tracking employee time, because they just aren't flexible enough.
dritan

Post by dritan »

Dear Shaunw,

I know that time attendance clock machine has the option to select the punch type, Normal, Break, Lunch.
But in this case is the same problem in some cases.

What about a raport to show just the people who has arrived later than 8:15 am for example?
I Found to list them in the Exceptions "IN LATE". But it happend like this, that if a person is punching IN at 7:40 am, Out at 7:50, and IN again at 8:20, it show an Exception "IN LATE" at 8:20am. This is because the First Punch as I understood it doesn't calculate the really first one, but the first Inside the Scheduled time interval. How can we sove this. Or can we just have a repport with punching inside a Interval of Time ?

Thansk!
shaunw wrote:You could use an Auto-Add break policy, but if you are getting the punches from an access control system you likely won't know when its a break punch as compared to a normal punch. Other than that your only option is to setup a rounding policy with a high enough interval that it rounds away the time it takes for employees to move between locations, but it will likely have to round all punches the same, which you may or may not want.

None of these options will likely work very well for you, and this is a good example as to why we don't recommend using an access control system for tracking employee time, because they just aren't flexible enough.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There isn't much that can be done, the transfer feature is designed to handle this exact scenario, but unfortunately you're not able to use it.
dritan

Post by dritan »

Shaunw, where can I find the transfer option?
Is this option available at the versions before? Can I make a upgrade conserving confiturations and punches?
shaunw wrote:There isn't much that can be done, the transfer feature is designed to handle this exact scenario, but unfortunately you're not able to use it.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The Transfer option has been there for years, you'll find it in the punch window right below the punch time.
noamparn

Post by noamparn »

shaunw wrote:The Transfer option has been there for years, you'll find it in the punch window right below the punch time.
Shaun -
I never knew about that feature - it would save me a little bit of time when I need to edit an employee's time sheet. (our one employee - the babysitter - doesn't punch in and out herself. I use the scheduler to auto-punch her time, and make changes afterward if needed).

However, I don't see it when I go in to add a punch for her.
I do see it if I go to the "In/Out" tab, as if I were punching in/out myself (which I'm not - since I'm not an employee).
Is there any way to get the "Transfer" option added to the window for manually added or edited punches?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The transfer option is only for employees to use when punching in/out, as all it does is create two punches.

Of course as an administrator you can create two punches manually from the TimeSheet -> MyTimeSheet if you like.