Absence hours exceed the working hours

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
techbrainless

Absence hours exceed the working hours

Post by techbrainless »

Hi All,

I have noticed that it is possible to apply different absences (different vacation categories) to the same employee in the same date

for example

if the working hours is 8 hours

I made absence for an employee (sick paid) for 8 hours
and it accepts also making absence for the same employee in the same day for (sick unpaid) for 8 hours

so the employee has a total of 16 hours as absence (sick paid , sick unpaid vacations) which is greater then his total working hours (8 hours) ,

I do think that the total absence hours of employee in a particular date should be always less then or equal to total working hours per day

Is this consider to be a bug , or feature , could you explain in details , because i want to avoid such cases.
shaunw

Re: Absence hours exceed the working hours

Post by shaunw »

Its a feature, absence time has no relation to worked time whatsoever. You could have 100 absence hours on a single day if you wanted to.
techbrainless

Post by techbrainless »

Thanks a lot shaunw for your reply
You could have 100 absence hours on a single day if you wanted to.
Is logical to have 100 absence hours on a single day , whereas a single day has only 24 hours!!!!!! could you explain ?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can have more than 24 worked hours on a single day too. For example a case where an employee worked a single 32hr shift, depending on the settings in TimeTrex it may count all 32hrs on the day that the shift was started on, which is critical for overtime calculations. So the same can be done with absences as well.
techbrainless

Post by techbrainless »

Thanks shaunw for your reply
For example a case where an employee worked a single 32hr shift
So from where i can configure the total working hours per shift
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can specify a maximum shift time in your Pay Period Schedule settings (Advanced tab). This does not affect the total number of absence hours that can be entered on a single day though.