Rounding policy at a fixed hour

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
rosaria

Rounding policy at a fixed hour

Post by rosaria »

In my company people's shift are as follow:
on monday, wednesday and friday from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
on tuesday and thursday from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM and from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
I need that punching at 2:00 PM is strict schedule that is if an employee is punching later that punch is rounded at 2:00 PM.
Can I do it with TimeTrex?
Thanks
shanec

Re: Rounding policy at a fixed hour

Post by shanec »

Please provide more schedule examples, punch times and what you want them rounded to.
rosaria

Post by rosaria »

Thank you Shanec for your attention.
We have two types of shift:
On monday, wednesday and friday this schedule:
punch-in at 8:00 AM punch-out at 2:00 PM.
If punch-out is in late, say 2:15 PM, it must be rounded at 2:00 PM. The window is of one hour and a half. If punch-out is at 3:30 PM then it must be rounded at 2:00 PM. For punching out after 3:30 PM (in case of overtime) the punch-out must not be rounded.
On tuesday and thursday this schedule:
punch-in at 8:00 AM lunch-out at 2:00 PM lunch-in at 3.30 PM punch-out at 6:30 PM.
If lunch-out is late, 2:15 PM is rounded at 2:00 PM. The window is of one hour and a half. if lunch-out is at 3.30 PM the it must be rounded at 2:00 PM. For punch-out out after 3.30 pm, no rounding is required, but is necessary to subtract half an hour for lunch anyway to total day work, assuming that there are no punches for lunch.
It seems to me that rounding policy can't distinguish between punch-out at different hours but I'm new to timetrex, I have to know it better. Can you tell me if there is any workaround?
Thank you Shanec
shanec

Post by shanec »

Do you want to round the Lunch Out punch only or both Lunch In/Out punches? Please provide more examples with differing lunch times so we can understand your requirements better.
rosaria

Post by rosaria »

Employees are scheduled to work in two types of shift as follows:

First type of scheduled shift
On Monday, Wednesday and Friday: punch-in 8:00AM punch-out 2:00PM no lunch and no break.
I want no rounding time but is necessary strict schedule.
When employees punch in early, say 7:50AM, than 8:00AM must be recorded; if they punch in late, say 8:15AM, than they are 15 minutes late and 8.15 must be recorded.
When employees punch out late, say 2:10PM, than 2:00 must be recorded; if they punch out early, say 1:45PM, then they are 15 minutes early and 1:45PM must be recorded.

Second type of scheduled shift
On Tueday and Thursday: punch-in 8:00AM lunch-out 2:00PM
lunch-in 3:30AM punch-out 6:30PM
I want no rounding time but is necessary strict schedule.
When employees punch in early, say 7:50AM, than 8:00AM must be recorded; if they punch in late, say 8:15AM, than they are 15 minutes late and 8.15PM must be recorded.
When employees lunch out late, say 2:10PM, than 2:00PM must be recorded; if they lunch out early, say 1:45PM, then they are 15 minutes early and 1:45PM must be recorded.
When employees lunch in early, say 3:20PM, than 3:30PM must be recorded; if they lunch in late, say 3:45PM, than they are 15 minutes late and 3:45PM must be recorded.
When employees punch out no rounding policy is required. Their punching-out time must be recorded, and any overtime or undertime policy must be treated.
Thank you Shanec
shanec

Post by shanec »

Rounding Policies should be configured this way:

NAME: Punch In - Strict
PUNCH TYPE: In
ROUND TYPE: Up
INTERVAL: 00:00
GRACE PERIOD: 00:00
STRICT SCHEDULE: Checked

NAME: Punch Out - Strict
PUNCH TYPE: Out
ROUND TYPE: Down

NAME: Lunch Total - Strict
PUNCH TYPE: Lunch Total
ROUND TYPE: Up

The names of these policies can be changed to whatever you would like. The rest of the settings need to be set as shown.