Multiple Departments and Supervisors with Approval

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
mplagge

Multiple Departments and Supervisors with Approval

Post by mplagge »

I've been looking through the forums and have found a couple of things that seem to indicate that what we want to do is not possible. The main one is this Authorization Hierarchy Question thread at:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.ph ... upervisors

Another thread indicates that you can have a person in multiple departments:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.ph ... epartments

We are looking to replace an application that we use for tracking student workers as well as begin tracking administrative staff. Many of the students work in multiple departments and/or in multiple groups withing the same department. So Bob might work in the library and work in information technology. When in the library he needs to have his timecard approved by Fred. When in IT he needs to have his timecard approved by Mike. Is that something that is possible in TimeTrex?
shanec

Re: Multiple Departments and Supervisors with Approval

Post by shanec »

TimeTrex is only able to allow multiple supervisors to verify timesheets on a per employee, per pay period basis.
mplagge

Post by mplagge »

Thank you, shancec. Is that where you can have two supervisors in the same hierarchy? If so I don't think that would work. I tried add "Bob" to two separate hierarchies that both had timesheet as the only object and got an error message. I can add multiple supervisors to the IT hierarchy and that works fine. But having Bob's timecard approved by both IT and the Library doesn't seem like I can do that.
shanec

Post by shanec »

More than one Supervisor can be added to a Hierarchy as Superiors while multiple unique employees can be assigned as Subordinates to the same Hierarchy as well.

Superior A and Superior B can be assigned to Hierarchy 1 and Hierarchy 2 at the same time. Subordinate Bob can be assigned to Hierarchy 1 or Hierarchy 2 but not both Hierarchies simultaneously.