Unforseen Exceptions

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
BobD

Unforseen Exceptions

Post by BobD »

Timetrex is currently under evaluation in our environment.

I have an employee that is scheduled for a 7am to 4pm shift. The schedule policy for this shift has a start/stop window of 9 hours. Exceptions for the following are enabled:

In Early
Out Early
In Late
Out Late
Missing In Punch
Missing Out Punch.

Earlier this week the employee in question worked a 12 hour shift. Punch In was at 5.22AM, Punch Out at 5.42PM.

The following Exceptions were observed for this employee for this day:

C In Early
F Out Late
K Missing In Punch
L Missing Out Punch

I understand the In Early and Out Late Exceptions, but why the Missing In/Out Punches?

Also, there is zero accumulated time for this day for some reason.

I reset the Continuous time in the Pay Period Schedule to 15 hours and recalculated the employee timecard to no avail.

Would this have something to do with Overtime and Accrual Polices not yet being set up?

Thanks for any help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You shouldn't set a Start/Stop window to more then a couple hours. This tells TimeTrex how long to look for a schedule, if you set it to 9 hours its possible that TimeTrex will find the wrong schedule and cause all sorts of confusion.

You want to set this time to what you feel the average maximum time an employee might come in late, we recommend in the 1-2 hour range. Half their scheduled shift time at the most.

As for the Missing Punch exceptions, I assume you have a gap between your punches, see this post:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?p=1145#1145
BobD

Post by BobD »

Yes, there are gaps as in the article you referred me to.

Continuous time was set to 12 hours on the day the gaps showed up and of course the time the employee worked that day was over 12 hours which would explain the gaps.

Having reset the continuous time to 15 hours and also recalculated the employees time sheet (along with others in the test group) , I've noticed that similar punches outside the assigned schedule seem to be behaving, but also that those exceptions for the employee in question remain. Can I assume therefore there is some safeguard against retroactively recalculating an employees time card in this instance? Not a big deal if I know it going into the game.

Thanks

Please Disregard, I found posts on how to eliminate the gaps manually

Thanks again.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, changing the continuous time only works going forward, or for historical punches that are manually re-submitted.

ReCalculating Employee timesheets just re-applies certain policies, it doesn't actually modify punch data, so it won't fix this case.