I can't create a new Hierarchy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
pstockli

I can't create a new Hierarchy

Post by pstockli »

I am setting up a new installation of TimeTrex and I have difficulty to create a new Hierarchy.

From the fresh install and logged in as administrator, I go to Company>Hierarchy. On that screen, the background is greyed out and displays "No Results Found".
I then click on New, fill the fields with the available information and I see the Object Error: "Object type is already assigned to another hierarchy". But no hierarchy are listed and I don't seem to find the way to create a new one!

Windows 8 64-bit
TimeTrex version 7.3.5 (manual install)
XAMPP V1.8.2
- PHP V5.4.27
- MySQL V5.5.36

What am I missing out!?
Attachments
timetrex_error.png
amiller030

Re: I can't create a new Hierarchy

Post by amiller030 »

I have no clue what to tell you. I tried to create that error on my install and I just couldn't do it. I have all of my hierarchies created already and I was still able to create a new one. My only guess would be an error in you manual install, but even then I am doubting it. It could be an error in the source code for the manual install. I would just try keeping an eye out for updates and see if that works. Maybe Shaunw or Mikeb can help us out here?
Adam Miller
TimeTrex Administrator - New Ulm Robotics
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you able to create a hierarchy without selecting any subordinates?
pstockli

Post by pstockli »

No, at the moment that I did something in that form, I was prompted to enter an object in the field and the save button stayed grayed out...

Out of luck, I decided to install TimeTrex on my linux server:
3.10.17 GNU/Linux
Apache/2.4.6 (Unix) PHP/5.4.20
MySQL 5.5.32-MariaDB-log - MariaDB Server
PHP extension: mysqli

At first, I could create new Hierarchies but when I clicked "save", I had a network timeout error. I then looked at tables HIERARCHY_OBJECT_ID_SEQ and HIERARCHY_USER_ID_SEQ and both where empty. By inserting a 1 for both ID's, I had the hierarchy running!

** Information sharing **
Maybe can I say that I had tried to install TimeTrex 2 or 3 times on different setups with mysql and each time, I had some "tables"_ID_SEQ that have'nt been initialized.
So for some network timeout error or some ID errors under MySQL, my first advice would be to make sure your ID_SEQ tables are properly initialized.

I hope this can help others who are running under MySQL :-)