About Absence Policy in TimeSheet!

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
darwin

About Absence Policy in TimeSheet!

Post by darwin »

Hi!
During unscheduled absence S1, is it possible to automatically output the absence time without creating new absence in timesheet?
I've created absence policy but it is only working if I punched time in and during the time the employee is late or undertime in that day.

Thanks,
Darwin
shanec

Re: About Absence Policy in TimeSheet!

Post by shanec »

We don't quite understand what you're describing and so please provide more detail.
darwin

Post by darwin »

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

In schedule policy, there is undertime absence policy - so I selected one absence policy that I've created which is Late/Undertime.
This is working automatically, the no. of hours the employee worked late/undertime in a day is shown in timesheet absence tab.

However, when the employee is absent the whole day, absent time is not punched automatically in timesheet. Is it possible to have absence policy that will automatically punch absent time in absence tab?

It is working manually when I create new absence in timesheet when the employee is absent (*8:00 in attached photo). Thanks!
Attachments
a.jpg
shanec

Post by shanec »

An Undertime Absence isn't triggered unless an employee has made an In and Out punch on the day of their scheduled shift.
darwin

Post by darwin »

Thanks for your reply!

So, if the employee is absent the whole day, there will be no punch in/out.
So, I can't trigger the whole day absence to be shown in timesheet unless I do it manually?

Thanks!
shanec

Post by shanec »

So, if the employee is absent the whole day, there will be no punch in/out.
Correct.
So, I can't trigger the whole day absence to be shown in timesheet unless I do it manually?
If a schedule is setup in TimeTrex for an employee and if that employee is absent TimeTrex will indicate an Unscheduled Absence Exception on the timesheet automatically however the amount of absent time will need to be entered manually if you would like it to appear on the timesheet.
darwin

Post by darwin »

Thanks shane!

Everytime an employee is absent, I will always enter it manually.
Hope this could be done automatically.

Thanks a lot!
dhananjay

Post by dhananjay »

Just installed v7.4.7 and tried entering a manual absence in the TimeSheet window. However, when trying to enter it it asks for the type of absence and that list is populated by 1 item called none. Under the policies tab, we have 4 different absence policies. They used to be selectable from the drop down box before the update to v7.4.7

Has something changed, are we doing something incorrectly, or is this a bug?

Thanks.
shanec

Post by shanec »

Please make sure that those Absence Policies have been assigned to proper Policy Groups by clicking Policy -> Policy Groups.
dhananjay

Post by dhananjay »

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6698

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6696

Thanks for the quick reply! Just stumbled across the above two links searching through the forums a second time. The first time doing a search on the keyword absence did not pull either of these two links up. Saying the same thing. Created a new policy group since none existed, and then added the existing absence policies into that new policy group.