Manual shift creation issues

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
ace

Manual shift creation issues

Post by ace »

I'm currently manually creating a schedule (our hours change weekly) and when I create a shift and then try to edit it, it's not showing up in the "scheduled shifts." In fact, everything I created for the previous month shows up but nothing from the current month. I've tried going through all of the pages of shifts and only this month's aren't showing up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Also, when I started creating shifts, I was manually deducting a 30 minute lunch where necessary and that seemed to be working fine, but now for some reason, for some employees it's deducting a full hour and for others nothing at all. When I select "30 minute lunch" in the creation window, the hours don't adjust. I don't have any policies created. Any idea as to why it's doing this?

I just started using the program last month. Apologies if these are completely obvious issues.
ace

Re: Manual shift creation issues

Post by ace »

Update: When I create a shift in the "scheduled shifts" screen and set the date to February __, it shows it as January 30 when I view scheduled shifts. :shock:
ace

Post by ace »

Help?
Attachments
schedule 2.jpg
schedule 1.jpg
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please attach a screenshot of one of the employees timesheets that are also scheduled as well.
ace

Post by ace »

Okay - here are screenshots of the time sheet (obviously no info because these are future dates), the scheduled shifts (organized by dates - the shifts aren't showing up so I can't edit them), and the schedule, which shows that I've created the shifts, they just aren't showing up for editing purposes.

I can understand if they're not showing up because they are two weeks in the future, but it seems strange that I wouldn't be able to create a schedule well in advance and be able to edit it...?
Attachments
TT Time sheet.jpg
TT Scheduled shifts.jpg
TT Schedule.jpg
ace

Post by ace »

I've figured out the other issue with the lunch breaks etc. Now it's just trying to edit these future shifts.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Attendance -> Scheduled Shifts only shows shifts in existing pay periods, therefore it won't show shifts too far in the future.

What are you wanting to use the Attendance -> Scheduled Shifts screen for?
ace

Post by ace »

Edited: Sorry, I was talking about the wrong screen. I use Attendance ->> Scheduled Shifts to edit future shifts I created. Is there another way to do this?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, I don't understand what the actual issue is then.
ace

Post by ace »

I need to edit shifts I created for the next pay period.

I can't access them because they don't show up in the Attendance -> Scheduled Shifts screen.

Is there somewhere else I can edit them? Or do I have to wait until they update with the pay period?

Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please use the Attendance -> Schedule screen instead.
ace

Post by ace »

Sorry, I've tried using Attendance -> Schedule but there isn't an option.
Attachments
TT edit.jpg
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You need to click on a specific cell (shift) so it is highlighted first, then the Edit icons will activate.
ace

Post by ace »

Hi, sorry to keep coming back to this, but they simply don't highlight. I'm not able to select a single cell - only the date cell highlights (as shown in the screenshot). This is why I was using the Scheduled shifts screen to edit them.

When I click/select/anything a single cell, I get the same result as the last screenshot I posted. This doesn't work for any shifts, even past and current dates.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What web browser and version are you using? Have you tried a different web browser to see if that makes any difference?
ace

Post by ace »

I'm running Firefox 35.0.1. I've tried it with a new install of Chrome as well as IE. It doesn't work on any of them. :?
ace

Post by ace »

Also, I'm able to edit time sheets with this method exactly as it should work.

It's the scheduled shifts that are giving me issues.
ace

Post by ace »

It really doesn't make any sense that I can't edit shifts created in the future and this is seriously impacting my ability to implement this scheduling system... please help. Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please upgrade to the latest version of TimeTrex and try it again.
ace

Post by ace »

Thank you for replying, but I have been running the most up-to-date version available.
Attachments
version.jpg
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can you replicate the problem if you login to our demo system below?
https://demo.timetrex.com/interface/htm ... sword=demo
ace

Post by ace »

I created a shift for "Mr. Administrator" on February 28th. I am unable to access it in order to make changes through either the scheduled shifts page (because only scheduled shifts up until February 14 are showing) or the schedules page because the edit option is greyed out in the right-click menu.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you click on any existing cell under Attendance -> Schedule, are you able to highlight it and is the Edit icon enabled?
ace

Post by ace »

I am not able to highlight any cell, and the edit icon is not enabled on any cell.
ace

Post by ace »

ace wrote:I am not able to highlight any cell, and the edit icon is not enabled on any cell.
Also, I have shifts scheduled for the week of February 23 which I can't see OR edit.

See:
Attachments
feb 23 cant see.jpg