Daylight Savings Time issue (new)

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
ace

Daylight Savings Time issue (new)

Post by ace »

Hello,

I looked this up in the forum first, but my issue isn't covered (and those threads are mostly locked). Daylight savings time seems to have affected the punch time so it's off by one hour. My employees and my account are all set to the correct time zone (EST). Everything in the schedules updated properly with the time change, but the punch in and out times are still showing as an hour behind. I tried changing all of the settings to Canada/Central, but it didn't help the issue.

Any advice? Thanks for your time.
shaunw

Re: Daylight Savings Time issue (new)

Post by shaunw »

If you had "EST" selected as your timezone before, that timezone does not observe DST, therefore the time would be incorrect. You likely want to use "EST5EDT" or a proper named timezone like Canada/Eastern instead.
ace

Post by ace »

Actually, the only way I was able to correct TimeTrex not recognizing DST was to change the time zone to EST. I tried the other changes you suggested and it doesn't fix the issue. Is there anything I can screenshot to show what might be happening?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you go to Attendance -> In/Out, does the time displayed there show the correct current time?
ace

Post by ace »

Hi shaunw: no, the in/out function shows the time as one hour behind.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, so where exactly are you physically located, and under MyAccount -> Preferences, what do you have the timezone set to currently?
ace

Post by ace »

We are located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Under My Account -> Preferences, I have it set to EST. The strange thing is, this seems to be the only time zone setting that correctly displays right now. If I change it to Canada/Central, I have the same issue (time cards and punch clock all one hour behind, though the schedules look fine).
ace

Post by ace »

I tried EST5EDT like you suggested, and still get the same result as above. :?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

EST5EDT or Canada/Eastern would be the correct timezone for your location. When set to either of those timezones, if Attendance -> In/Out does not display the correct time, either the time on your TimeTrex server is incorrect or there is a problem with your installation.
ace

Post by ace »

Canada/Eastern set my schedules ahead, incorrectly, by one hour. It does not correct the punch clock issue. I am running the cloud edition. How would I figure out if the server is incorrect?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The correct timezone for you is EST5EDT, and you always confirm the timezone by using Attendance -> In/Out, if that displays the proper time, then the timezone is correct.

If schedules or punches are not correct, then they were entered with the wrong timezone and will need to be manually corrected.
ace

Post by ace »

I understand that I might have to change my schedules manually, but this still does not correct the punch clock issue. It is still one hour behind.
EDIT: The punch clock seems to be okay now. That was some witchcraft. I'll be sure to update if there are any more issues. Thank you!