Vacation time "management"

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Ganneff

Vacation time "management"

Post by Ganneff »

Hi

and again me, using Community 8.0.6 version:
Using TT i can nicely schedule vacations for people, have them request it, .... All good.
Now, when someone request a vacation that goes for a longer timeframe spanning a weekend or a holiday, timetrex seems to schedule weekends or holidays too as "vacation time" (visible in schedule view) - which is wrong. VAC is only counting on actual workdays. What to adjust?

Also, is there an easy way to setup "Person X has Y days vacation a year" - and then a view of how much they have left of that?

Thanks,
Ganneff
--
bye Ganneff
shaunw

Re: Vacation time "management"

Post by shaunw »

When you say "timetrex seems to schedule weekends or holidays too as "vacation time"", what do you mean exactly? TimeTrex doesn't schedule employees itself, it can only do what you ask it to do, so how are you asking it to schedule the vacation time to begin with?
Ganneff

Post by Ganneff »

shaunw wrote:When you say "timetrex seems to schedule weekends or holidays too as "vacation time"", what do you mean exactly? TimeTrex doesn't schedule employees itself, it can only do what you ask it to do, so how are you asking it to schedule the vacation time to begin with?
Well, simple. I schedule an absence with the policy of "Vacation (PAID)". From the starting to the end day of the vacation.
If that crosses a holiday or a weekend I expect timetrex to know that this is not a day where people normally work and as such to not put a "Vacation" into the schedule and timetables and calculations it does.

It already knows about Holidays and leaves out normal time scheduling there, that should also count for vacation schedules.

It also needs to be told somehow that some days (weekends) aren't meant to have a schedule appear on it. I realize that other people want to schedule on them, so it must be something configurable, but don't tell me that doesn't work. Or worse, that I have to do it manually and break up such things myself into correct timespans. As then I could just stay with the manual solution I have now (which isn't nice, but if i have to tell timetrex such things manually, than its not worth a switch, sorry).

Thanks,
Ganneff
--
bye Ganneff
Ganneff

Post by Ganneff »

Ganneff wrote:Hi

Also, is there an easy way to setup "Person X has Y days vacation a year" - and then a view of how much they have left of that?
Please dont forget this part question, thanks. Important for my boss...

Thanks,
Ganneff
--
bye Ganneff
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Ganneff wrote:
shaunw wrote:When you say "timetrex seems to schedule weekends or holidays too as "vacation time"", what do you mean exactly? TimeTrex doesn't schedule employees itself, it can only do what you ask it to do, so how are you asking it to schedule the vacation time to begin with?
Well, simple. I schedule an absence with the policy of "Vacation (PAID)". From the starting to the end day of the vacation.
If that crosses a holiday or a weekend I expect timetrex to know that this is not a day where people normally work and as such to not put a "Vacation" into the schedule and timetables and calculations it does.

It already knows about Holidays and leaves out normal time scheduling there, that should also count for vacation schedules.

It also needs to be told somehow that some days (weekends) aren't meant to have a schedule appear on it. I realize that other people want to schedule on them, so it must be something configurable, but don't tell me that doesn't work. Or worse, that I have to do it manually and break up such things myself into correct timespans. As then I could just stay with the manual solution I have now (which isn't nice, but if i have to tell timetrex such things manually, than its not worth a switch, sorry).
When entering the absence time on the schedule simply de-select the weekends.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Ganneff wrote:
Ganneff wrote:Hi

Please dont forget this part question, thanks. Important for my boss...
Please see the following link:
http://help.timetrex.com/index.php?titl ... l_Policies
Ganneff

Post by Ganneff »

shaunw wrote:
Ganneff wrote:

When entering the absence time on the schedule simply de-select the weekends.
How? Or in which interface? I select the schedule, right click on the day the vac should start, then select a range. In that window you can select a start and end time.
Which is then displayed in the entry box as "13/05/2015 - 22/05/2015" (or in whatever way your dates display).
There is no way to "simply de-select" something there.

Thanks,
Ganneff
--
bye Ganneff
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can select specific cells right on the schedule itself using CTRL or SHIFT keys, or in the Schedule Date field you can select dates by range, or individual dates themselves.
Ganneff

Post by Ganneff »

shaunw wrote:You can select specific cells right on the schedule itself using CTRL or SHIFT keys, or in the Schedule Date field you can select dates by range, or individual dates themselves.
Aha, so the translation is "Timetrex is unable to do it, you have to do it yourself".
Thats disappointing.

Thanks,
Ganneff
--
bye Ganneff