500 Server Error Upon Accepting License

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
chimark

500 Server Error Upon Accepting License

Post by chimark »

I'm trying to install Timetrex with manual installation and can't proceed due to a 500 Internal Server Error upon accepting the license agreement. After selecting the next error, I see the processing screen for about 30 seconds before the error pops up. My server error logs show no errors at all and I've validated that all directories are 755 and files 644 as per other threads on the board.

TimeTrex Community Edition v.8.0.7
Server: CentOS 6.5, running PHP 5.5.28, Apache 2.4.12, with NGINX 1.8.0, and MySQL 5.5.42
shaunw

Re: 500 Server Error Upon Accepting License

Post by shaunw »

Please enable logging as per this FAQ and attach the log here.
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89
chimark

Post by chimark »

PHP error logging is already enabled and generating no errors.

When I enabled the TimeTrex logging as listed, the installer does not load - it simply gets stuck at a full progress bar.
Using these settings:
enable = TRUE
enable_display = TRUE
buffer_output = TRUE
enable_log = TRUE
verbosity = 10

If I change enable_display to FALSE, I can get the installer to progress and generate the error. No log files are being output from TimeTrex.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its likely a issue with your NGINX/PHP and you definitely should be seeing some error logs regarding it as well. Unfortunately without seeing the error message its almost impossible to say what the problem is.
vlawrence0324

Post by vlawrence0324 »

I also have this problem. I tried changing the php handler to dso instead of suphp and it went pass through the accept screen. Right now my problem is i cannot enable the php extensions like gettext,soap,etc in Easyapache.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex does support running PHP as a CGI module (in fact that is our new installer works by default), again though, without seeing detailed error logs from your web server, PHP and maybe even TimeTrex, we have no information to go on.