Failed Pay Stub Generation

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
larryparker

Failed Pay Stub Generation

Post by larryparker »

I have two employees, and as best I can tell, they are set up exactly the same way. Their wages are entered, and on their timesheets, the hours that they worked are entered. However, when I push the "show wages" button, the wage only appears for one of the employees in the calculation at the bottom left, and I cannot generate a pay stub for the other in the Payroll Processing steps. What would keep her wage from showing up and being used in calculations?
This is on the cloud version.
shanec

Re: Failed Pay Stub Generation

Post by shanec »

The employee's wage may not be set for the time period that you are trying to pay the employee. For example if an employee was hired on Jan 1st, but their wage was set to be effective on Jan 16th, they would not have any earnings from Jan 1st to 15th, even if their is time on their timesheet.
larryparker

Post by larryparker »

Thanks for the idea. However, both employees were hired on June 16, and one worked on that day (the one I'm having trouble generating a paystub for), which is the first day of the pay period. And the "effective date" for her wages is June 16.
shanec

Post by shanec »

Wage adjustments do not apply to timesheets retroactively. Recalculating your employee's timesheet for the Pay Period containing June 16 by clicking Attendance -> TimeSheet, and then clicking the ReCalculate TimeSheet icon should resolve your issue.