Invalid Email Address

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
geekonaleash

Invalid Email Address

Post by geekonaleash »

I have just installed and setup TimeTrex V10.1.0

All seems to be ok until I go to my user (the first one setup), and try to put in an email address, but it says ""Work email address is invalid"

However it is not invalid, but if the system checks via a site like http://email-checker.net/ fail as our MX servers point to mimecast, and for security they obviously don't let a service lookup available/active addresses.

If I put my personal email address in the work email address box it is fine, and if I put my work address in the personal email address box we get the same invalid issue.

If there is a lookup/check feature, can this be turned off at all? This is a massive problem and my mean we sadly have to ditch TimeTrex before we even get going with it.

All help appreciated

Dave
shaunw

Re: Invalid Email Address

Post by shaunw »

Do you have an internal DNS server setup by chance? If so, your email address domain isn't setup properly using it mostly likely.

TimeTrex just checks to make sure the email domain exists and can be resolved.

For example if your email address is: john.doe@mycompany.com

TimeTrex will do a DNS lookup of "mycompany.com" and make sure it has MX record.

The DNS lookup may work from outside your local network (obviously your email works I assume), but it can still be failing from within your local network.
geekonaleash

Re: Invalid Email Address

Post by geekonaleash »

Thanks for the reply.

Our email works absolutely fine, we have our own Exchange 2013 server, complete with full SSL, and as far as DNS is concerned we do not need an mx record internally as our outlook clients look for auto discover records as outlook automatically configures itself from these records.

DNS does put in an MX record but only for the local AD domain, not out individual email domains (of which we have multiple), I will have a lok and see if I can add these without having any adverse effect on our setup.

Dave