Stations Function not working

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
brianjud

Stations Function not working

Post by brianjud »

Dear All,

I'm using the community version. I seem to be having this error. I would appreciate your help.

All my configurations and settings are as attached.

Thank you

Brian
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (47.18 KiB) Viewed 5633 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (22.64 KiB) Viewed 5633 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (107.8 KiB) Viewed 5633 times
shaunw

Re: Stations Function not working

Post by shaunw »

If you change the SOURCE field in the station record to "ANY" (no quotes) does it start to work?
brianjud

Post by brianjud »

Yes. If I change the SOURCE field to ANY without quotes. It works fine.
brianjud

Post by brianjud »

shaunw wrote:If you change the SOURCE field in the station record to "ANY" (no quotes) does it start to work?
Yes. If I change the SOURCE field to ANY without quotes. It works fine.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Then the IP address that TimeTrex is seeing the requests come from is not the one you are specifying, so that is why when you restrict the IP address punches are being rejected.
brianjud

Post by brianjud »

shaunw wrote:Then the IP address that TimeTrex is seeing the requests come from is not the one you are specifying, so that is why when you restrict the IP address punches are being rejected.
How can this be the case? As you can see from the image which I attached I set the exact same IP which I am on. For example; my preferred IP is 50.50.50.1. I have also set 50.50.50.1 in SOURCE field.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When the source is set to ANY and it allows you to punch, save the punch, then go to Company -> Stations and see which new station record was just created and what the SOURCE field on it is set too. That will tell you what TimeTrex is seeing as the IP address.
brianjud

Post by brianjud »

At first, the SOURCE field & STATION field was set to "ANY" and it allowed me to punch. Now when I set SOURCE field to "ANY" while the STATION field to its auto-populated value, the system denies me from punching.

Next, I tried setting both (STATION and SOURCE) fields to ANY, the attached record was created and nothing else.
Attachments
Capture36.JPG
Capture36.JPG (22.12 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Based on that your IP address "::1", which is the IPv6 equivalent of "localhost", so it would appear that you are punching in/out from the same computer that TimeTrex is installed on.