Punch in terminal

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
haiyai

Punch in terminal

Post by haiyai »

Hi,

I have read about this but not much info seems to elaborate.

I want to set up a station with just the punch in screen, the employees using it will just punch in with barcode badges they do not need any other
interaction with the program.

I am in the process of translating timetrex to Japanese, be I am in a Japanese company.

My database and Timetrex setup is as fallows

Ubuntu 16.0.4 Server
Apache2 web server
TimeTrex V10.6.2
PHP7
Postgresql 9.4.12

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Regards
Morgan
shaunw

Re: Punch in terminal

Post by shaunw »

That functionality is already available in the TimeTrex Professional Edition, feel free to contact sales@timetrex.com for more information.
haiyai

Post by haiyai »

Yes,

I spoke with a sales agent at TimeTrex IMHO did not offer any benefit for me to buy the Pro Edition ,
I am currently translating the Open Source edition to see if it will fit Japan and my system and that Lang file
can not be used in the Pro Edition. That means I will have to translate twice.

I can not see paying for the Pro Edition when I am not sure It will work in Japan or be translated. I just need a front end
to the open source software which i would gladly pay for.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate hearing them

Regards

Morgan
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The language file from each edition of TimeTrex can be interchanged, as they are built off one another.

As for adding new translations, if you haven't already we highly recommend that you join Launchpad ( https://translations.launchpad.net/timetrex/trunk/ ) and upload the translations there as the rest of the community can join in on the efforts and gain from them too. I should add that we often issue free licenses to individuals or companies that significantly contribute to the community with code or translations. So if you are working on translating to Japanese anyways, you may as well get the public credit and free licenses for your efforts.
haiyai

Post by haiyai »

Yes,

I am translating on launchpad so there's that .. I was told by the sales person for TimeTrex that the file would
not be compatible because there are more features in the Pro Edition and my translation would be incomplete.

Do you know otherwise?

Regards

Morgan
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We apologize for the misunderstanding, as long as you do the translation on Launchpad, the downloaded translation file can be used with any edition of TimeTrex.