Scheduling conflict

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jenh

Scheduling conflict

Post by jenh »

I have an employee who was set up on a recurring schedule to work Monday and Wednesday. The Mondays were showing up in the schedule and the Wednesdays were not. I have tried populating the schedule for longer, but this did not resolve the issue. I have tried deleting the recurring schedule and recreating it. The Wednesdays are still not visible. I was unable to manually add the hours as I got a warning of conflicting start/end time, schedule already exists for this employee. I have deleted the recurring schedule again but am still unable to manually add the scheduled hours in as it continues give a warning of conflicting start/end time, schedule already exists for this employee. Not sure what else to try.

I am running v 11.5.0
mikeb

Re: Scheduling conflict

Post by mikeb »

When viewing the schedule under Attendance -> Schedule, please click the "Basic Search" tab, then click the "Clear Search" button, does the employees Wed. shifts appear then?
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
jenh

Post by jenh »

No it is still not showing and I still can't put anything else in the schedule.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Just so you are aware Recurring Schedules (gray font) in the future never conflict with manually created schedules (black font). So if you are getting an error message about conflicting start/end times, its not conflicting with a recurring schedule, but already committed shift.

Can you please post screenshots of the schedule for this employee and the specific error message that you are seeing? As well as screenshots of the recurring schedule template.
jenh

Post by jenh »

I deleted the recurring schedule, as I was unable to change the schedule and wanted to see if that would solve the problem. Here is what I have currently in the schedule view and when I try to schedule a new shift. The schedule looks the same if I clear all searches.

The error message disappears when I try to take the screen shot, but it is:
Conflicting start/end time, schedule already exists for this employee

I can recreate the recurring schedule and take screen shots of that, but the employee is currently not assigned to the recurring schedule and the recurring schedule has been deleted from templates. Neither of these actions has allowed me to add to the schedule on the Wednesdays where the recurring schedule should have been. I can add a scheduled shift as long as I want it to be after 6pm. So she seems to be unavailable any time before that. I can schedule her Wednesday May 29 and all of June except June 5, I am unable to schedule her Wednesday April 17, 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, Jun 5. I haven't tried later than that.

I have also attached the recurring templates and recurring schedule showing she is only assigned to have Thursdays off - no other recurring schedule any more.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.07.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.07.18 PM.png (203.39 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.06.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.06.21 PM.png (214 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.05.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 9.05.55 PM.png (179.06 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 8.43.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 8.43.59 PM.png (183.24 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 8.44.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 8.44.57 PM.png (155.59 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

The reason is because the "N/A" absence shifts that you have on Apr 16th and Apr 18th are likely entered incorrectly, they span two days, Apr 16th @ 8PM to Apr 17th @ 6PM for a total of 22hrs and therefore conflict with the shift that you are trying to add on Apr 17th from 9AM to 12PM. If you delete the "N/A" shifts, everything should start working as expected again.
jenh

Post by jenh »

Thanks. That seems to have worked. Some were entered as 8pm - 6pm so hadn't realized they had gone into the next day.