Customized Income Tax

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We took the original database dump you sent us and upgraded it to TimeTrex v2.1.0-rc3 then regenerated the pay stubs without changing anything else, and the PAYE tax brackets were all calculated fine.

There must be something in your setup that is causing them not to be calculated.
reloded

Post by reloded »

Tomorrow I'll try to import that same dump and see how it goes. Its midnight here.
I understand your reason for having the pay date after all data has been collected. But what happens to the first month that one works? You won't be paid till you've worked for almost two months? Thought the transaction date as the manual suggests should be at least two days before the end of the pay period so as to allow for counter checking of hours, bonuses etc?
Then again I might be tired n haven't thought it through.
Goodnight.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If your pay period ends on August 31st, your Transaction date can be September 1st if you want. Or even August 31st as well, even though its not recommended.

So employees don't need to wait 1 month to get paid, its just that you can't tell TimeTrex to pay employees for time that they are about to work in the future, since its obviously impossible to do.
reloded

Post by reloded »

Hi. Its me again. I feel like a bother now.

I went to my old version of Timetrex, did a backup of the files and also of the database. I then followed the installation instructions and it showed that it had upgraded successfully. From there, I COULD generate a pay stub.

I then did a New installation on a different computer using the newest version of Timetrex. Followed all installation instructions to the letter. I set up employees, pay periods, pay stubs, taxes and deductions -and assigned staff to them-, mass punched the employees and generated the pay stubs. And as stated before, the Income Tax IS NOT working.

Just for tryings sake, I backed up the NEW installation database, took a copy of the OLD Upgraded database from before and imported it to the NEW installation. On doing that, it locked me out during login. So I re-imported the New Backup and now I can login.

I believe I've followed all the rules. But it seems that in a NEW installation of the newest version of timetrex, the Tax Brackets ain't working.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We are unable to replicate this on our end. So you will need to give us access to your TimeTrex installation (preferred and much quicker), failing that you will need to email us (support@timetrex.com) a dump of your database where it is not working.
reloded

Post by reloded »

Hi.
I sent a database dump as its still not possible to allow external access.

Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It appears as though you have your Wage Base and Exception amounts reversed.

Please see section 2.7 of the Administrator Guide for more information.
reloded

Post by reloded »

:oops: Yes, that was a grave error! :oops:
Thanks for pointing it out.

Moving forward............