Exception Summary Report Not Working

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
kcornett

Exception Summary Report Not Working

Post by kcornett »

Hello! At the end of each pay period, I check the Exception Summary report on the Home page and fix any issues from the past period. It always says "No exceptions to correct, great job!", but when I click "view" in the top right of the box, it gives me a list of all the issues. There's pretty much always a couple people that didn't clock out, or chose lunch when they shouldn't have. This time there were no exceptions...except when I was working on payroll I happened to notice two problems. One person never clocked out, and one chose "lunch" when they left for the day. I am wondering why those did not come up on my report? I don't want to miss any problems and run payroll without fixing them. I also noticed on the two issues I happened to catch, TimeTrex wouldn't let me adjust them to make the necessary corrections. It usually does, so seems like something is just off here.

Any help would be appreciated!
shaunw

Re: Exception Summary Report Not Working

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately without more specific information its hard to say for sure. In regards to the Exceptions not appearing, its possible you were looking at the wrong report (ie: Exceptions for just yourself, vs. Exceptions for all other employees). Or you could have had a search criteria specified that was limiting what records you are shown. If in the future you are want to be sure, go to to Attendance -> Exceptions, click on the "Basic Search" tab and click "Clear Search", that will ensure you are seeing all exceptions in OPEN pay periods.

As for adjusting punches, we would need to know what error message you received when trying to do that to have a better idea as to what may be happening.
kcornett

Post by kcornett »

I've just always been able to view all exceptions by clicking view on my homepage (attached a screenshot). I did the advanced search the way you explained, and that worked! I just don't know why my normal report is no longer working. Found another employee that forgot to clock out using your search. It looks like they stopped receiving email notifications of the errors too...usually timetrex sends an email about a critical error to the employee when they've forgotten to clock out.
Attachments
Timetrex screenshot.PNG
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

kcornett wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:07 pm I've just always been able to view all exceptions by clicking view on my homepage (attached a screenshot). I did the advanced search the way you explained, and that worked! I just don't know why my normal report is no longer working.
The circled Dashlet in your screenshot only shows Exceptions that are assigned to you (the person logged into TimeTrex), not other employees. The Dashlet to show exceptions for other employees is called "Exceptions (Subordinates)". Normally its immediately below that Dashlet, but it appears you have customized your dashboard, so its no longer the default. If you want to restore back to the default dashboard, click the "Restore Default Dashlets" icon.
kcornett wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:07 pm Found another employee that forgot to clock out using your search. It looks like they stopped receiving email notifications of the errors too...usually timetrex sends an email about a critical error to the employee when they've forgotten to clock out.
Check Policy -> Exception Policies to make sure the exception policy for missing punches is set to notify either "Employee" or "Both". Then you can check Employee -> Preferences, edit each of the records and click on "Notifications" tab, and ensure that the "Exception" notifications are enabled and sending to the necessary devices/email addresses.

If that is all setup the way you expect, then have an employee who should have received an email login to TimeTrex and go to My Account -> Notifications and see if they received any exception notification recently.