Custom fields option in community v16.2.4

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
anwoke8204

Custom fields option in community v16.2.4

Post by anwoke8204 »

did they remove custom fields in the community 16 version? I am trying to install from a backup and I don't see custom fields available anymore.
mikeb

Re: no custom fields option in community 16.2.4

Post by mikeb »

Please clarify, have you restored your original database and you are not seeing custom fields that you had already created prior to the backup?
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
anwoke8204

Post by anwoke8204 »

i havent restored yet because i dont see the option to even add custom forms under company > custom forms in the community edition. that option is not there in my new install
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Sorry, perhaps I'm not understanding. If you are planning on restoring a database, you should not be trying to add data to a current fresh database, as it will all get wiped when you restore anyways.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
anwoke8204

Post by anwoke8204 »

I will be restoring the database, but first i wanted to make sure all of the features are there. I am not adding anything new, but I noticed that custom fields are not showing in my new install of 16.2.4. I don't have the option of company > custom fields in this new install. my 15 version has an option for community forms, but a fresh install of v16.2.4 doesn't have an option under company > custom fields.