Database difficulty during installation

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
okblend

Database difficulty during installation

Post by okblend »

Hello,

I am doing a manual install on Slackware 15.0. I am using the procedure shown at https://www.timetrex.com/how-to-install ... nux-centos . I got past the license acceptance OK once I realized it needed Internet access to your servers. I got past the system check OK with PHP v8.1.5 but it made me install an updated version of the TimeTrex (16.4.0 instead of the 16.3.2 I was initially given) before I could go further. Next, I received a Success on connecting to the database with an unprivileged user. However, I have been unable to proceed further. During "Initializing Database" it appears to work but I don't think it's really doing it. I get to the System Setting page where it never remembers my previous changes. I remove the trailing slash on URL since it tells me to, and enter the timezone again. Upon using the right arrow, I receive:

Error
API Exception: TimeTrex is unable to connect to its database, please make sure the database service on your own local TimeTrex server has been started and is running. If you are unsure, try rebooting your server.

Which then changes to:

Error
The network connection was lost. Please check your network connection then try again.
Error: error (504): "Gateway Timeout"
Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application. (504)

My PostgreSQL logs show this error and nothing else:

2023-03-10 10:02:26.995 CST [25824] ERROR: relation "system_setting" does not exist at character 21
2023-03-10 10:02:26.995 CST [25824] STATEMENT: select *
from system_setting
where name = $1

ps indicates Postgres is still running.

I expect this problem is due to my inexperience with postgres (I am a mysql person). What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
okblend

Re: Database difficulty during installation

Post by okblend »

OK, that was weird. The problem was a syntax error on line 98 of the timetrex.ini.php, which I found buried in 684K of TimeTrex-Debug logs. The error prevented software from reading the URL hostname, which apparently made the difference between connecting to the database for test purposes and connecting for real.

Sorry for the false alarm.