Payroll Processing for First Time

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
BroadPlace

Payroll Processing for First Time

Post by BroadPlace »

I attempted to process payroll for the first time and I am unable to see any data. The payroll period I am attempting to process says it is closed. But there is no data when I try to view paystubs or export the data to my accounting software (quickbooks). The first time I was processing payroll I was in the middle of the wizard screen and it was left in the middle of the 9 step process somewhere (exactly what step I do not know). When I came back to finish the process I noticed it was out of the wizard screen so I went back in to finish payroll and then noticed it was closed. I have tried to run the process again but I am getting no luck. Any help to what may be happening would be appreciated. This is also my first time using TimeTrex so I could be doing it improperly also.
mikeb

Re: Payroll Processing for First Time

Post by mikeb »

What is the End Date of the pay period, and on what date did you attempt to process payroll for it originally?
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
BroadPlace

Post by BroadPlace »

Hi thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay. The end date for payroll was 5/19. I am not sure where the data went. Is there any way to reopen or delete the period since nothing was ever processed? I am just trying to process payroll for myself starting on this pay period and moving forward. I am also technically ready to process the next pay period ending tomorrow.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Its possible the pay period was automatically closed, which happens if its more than a few days passed the pay period transaction date.

If there is no data in the pay period, no need to do anything to it, just move on to the next pay period.
BroadPlace

Post by BroadPlace »

Okay great. Is there any way to still run that previous pay period manually? I would like to send the data over to Quickbooks.

I am going to run through the next pay period. If I need some further assistance do you by chance connect directly?
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Can you find more information about running payroll in a closed pay period here:
https://help.timetrex.com/v16.0/communi ... Period.htm