Handling Special Pay situations

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blabj

Handling Special Pay situations

Post by blabj »

Is there any facility in TimeTrex to handle special pay situations?

There are two types of special pays which I deal with.. hour-based and money-based

For Hour-based special pays - example - we pay "CALL IN" pay for someone not scheduled to work but who is called in.. how can I give him 4 hours of "CALL IN" pay and have it tracked as such?.. ie. not adding punch in/out. There are many other examples.. Jury duty, bereavement days, emergency leave, seminar attendance, etc.

For money-based special pays - examples are "trip" allowances, which is a set $ amount for employees that have to drive to pickup a part, etc.

BJ.
blabj

Post by blabj »

Perhaps I can use the Paid Absense feature for these hours based special pays... even though they are not necessarily "absent".

Ok, so forget first question - what about money-based special pays?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

For your "CALL IN" example, typically what our customers will do is create a "CALL IN" department, or a "CALL IN" job (Professional Edition) which when the employee gets into work they select that department/job and TimeTrex will automatically pay them based on a premium policy.

If they aren't punching in or out for this time though, the only two options are manually enter the hours, or manually enter an absence.

For dollar based payouts you have to be using TimeTrex for payroll, and it depends exactly how you handle the payout, but sometimes you can use premium policies for this, failing that you can enter Pay Stub Amendments.