Pay Period Added - Caused Miscalculated Timesheets

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
rcurley

Pay Period Added - Caused Miscalculated Timesheets

Post by rcurley »

Against my better judgment, I set up our CFO with Administrative rights. He decided to add a Pay Period this past Tuesday (1/29), which appears to have caused some problems. Now, everyone's time on Monday (Jan 28) is not being calculated for the original pay period named "BiWeekly". Since he deleted the pay period he created, I don't know exactly what he did. (But hey, at least he fessed up to the mistake.) Any idea how I can get everyones time recalculated on the current pay period (Biweekly 1/27/08-2/9/08).

And...are actions likes these logged anywhere? I would assume in the "timetrex.log" in /timetrex/log, but that's a REALLY hard file to read through. Any ideas on keywords I can search for in there to determine such actions?

This was version 2.2.1 (as of an hour ago it is 2.2.5) running on Ubuntu 7.04.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Reports -> Audit Trail will give you an idea of what people are doing when logged into TimeTrex. Before, the resulting report can be very large, I recommend at least narrowing down the date range before displaying it.

Did he add a new pay period, or add a new pay period schedule? I will need to know exactly what he did before I can tell you how to fix it. You should never need to create or edit a pay period in TimeTrex, if you do the pay period schedule is most likely not setup correct or something else is wrong.

Pay periods are the one area that someone can do a lot of damage in a very short period of time if they don't know exactly what they are doing.