New installation says down for maintenance

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
centaur5

New installation says down for maintenance

Post by centaur5 »

I installed version 1.6.6 for Linux back in July and have been using it on an old server. I now installed the newest version 2.2.6 on a new Linux server and found the new instructions to be slightly odd and I'm not sure if I misunderstood them. It appears you have to install it in the user's home directory since it can't be installed as root? That is what I did and I could login after the install completed but after rebooting I was unable to reach Timetrex by typing localhost:8085 until I went into /home/folder/Timetrex and ran ./start. Now I was able to type localhost:8085 but it goes to an error saying it is "Down for maintenance". I'm guessing that I did the installation incorrect. Also is it a problem that I'm running 1 other web application as well as a secure site login hotspot ont he same server? I'm assuming those won't conflict with the new Timetrex since I was able to login immediately after installation. Thanks in advance.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It sounds like your TimeTrex database server may not be starting when you issue the ./start command. Can you check to make sure that is it running, or enable debug mode and see what the actual error message is.
centaur5

Post by centaur5 »

I get this error when I try to run ./stop in /home/user/Timetrex/

pg_ctl.bin: PID file "/home/user/TimeTrex/postgresql/data/postmaster.pid" does not exist

Did I do the right thing by installing this in a home directory? Is some other user like www-data supposed to own and run the scripts?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Does it say anything when you run:

./start
centaur5

Post by centaur5 »

all it says is "server starting" but I found this in the /home/user/Timetrex/apache2/logs/error_log:

[Thu Feb 21 22:50:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: pg_connect() [<a href='function.pg-connect'>function.pg-connect</a>]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "timetrex" in /home/user/TimeTrex/timetrex/classes/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 682, referer: http://localhost:8085/interface/DownFor ... on=DBError
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sounds like your password is incorrect somehow.

Not sure how that happened unless you modified it manually in the timetrex.ini.php file.