Status change permission?

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jmartin235

Status change permission?

Post by jmartin235 »

Hello,

I am wondering if I'm missing something in the permissions. Right now only the administrator has the option of changing the status of an employee (Active, Terminated, On Leave, etc) and I can't find anything on the permissions page that will allow other types of employees to change the status. Is there a permission option to do this?

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

To change the status of an employee, you need "Edit Advanced" permissions, as well the employee you are trying to change the status of must not be yourself (the person currently logged in).

This is a precautionary measure to keep the currently logged in person from making themselves in-active and locking themselves out of TimeTrex.
jmartin235

Post by jmartin235 »

shaunw wrote:To change the status of an employee, you need "Edit Advanced" permissions, as well the employee you are trying to change the status of must not be yourself (the person currently logged in).

This is a precautionary measure to keep the currently logged in person from making themselves in-active and locking themselves out of TimeTrex.
Hmm, I have "Edit Advanced" enabled under the Employees section and it's not giving me the option to change the status of other employees.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What version of TimeTrex are you using?
jmartin235

Post by jmartin235 »

shaunw wrote:What version of TimeTrex are you using?
2.2.6. I do see 2.2.8 available. Should I try that? Can I go straight from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8 or should I put 2.2.7 on in between?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Try upgrading, see if that helps first.

You can go straight to v2.2.8.