A Different Premium Group by day

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
rdoi

A Different Premium Group by day

Post by rdoi »

I have a situation where I need to change the Policy Group for a particular person on certain days. How is this done - I cannot find anywhere to do this in the schedule or punches.

I have a Policy Group of Standard which is the standard hours and then I have a Premium Group of Lead Agent which adds a $1/hr.

Where am I going wrong?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There is no way to change Policy Groups for specific days.

Instead though you can create a Premium Policy that is active on specific days/hours, or if an employee punches into specific branches/departments.

If you can supply more detailed information describing exactly what you are looking for I may be able to help you further.
rdoi

Post by rdoi »

My situation is this:
- I have agents that all have the same hourly rate
- on certain days (which changes from week to week), the agent is designated as a Lead Agent and gets a $1 more per day
- We also have agents that train other agents, the hours that they are training they also get the $1 premium.
These premiums are not on consistent days and/or hours.

How would I handle this type of premium with TimeTrex?

Please advise....
rdoi

Post by rdoi »

THe previous post was not correct. The premium is $1 per hour more for select agents while taking on the Lead Agent or Trainer role. This is not set - but rather when the need arises.

Is there another means of handling premiums that can be altered in the schedule - something like a job code, etc.

Please advise.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Have you considered creating a "Lead Agent" department, then setting up a Shift Differential Premium Policy so any time worked in the Lead Agent department is paid $1/hour more?

Then you can schedule employees to work the Lead Agent department, or they can punch into this department at anytime to get the additional $1/hr.

If you have the Professional Edition of TimeTrex, you can do this same thing with Job or Task codes as it probably fits more closely with your business practice.