weekly absence policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
tbstag

weekly absence policy

Post by tbstag »

Hi,

I'm using timetrex 2.2.8 on php5 apache2 linux.

I've got a issue about configuring the absence policy and accruals.

Say I have an employee which is supposed to work 7 hours per day, 5 days a week. Our overtime policy is configured so that after 35 hours weekly, the time is deposited in an accrual policy.

So far, this works fine: if the total week time is 35:30, 30 minutes are banked.

The problem is with the absence policy: we have configured unpaid absence from the same accrual. But absence is computed daily, so that if an employee works only 6:30 one day, 30 minutes are used from the accrual.

At the end of the week, this leads to inconsistencies. Says the timesheet is (scheduled = 7h per day):
M: 7:00
T: 6:30 (absence = 30 min)
W: 7:30
T: 7:15
F: 7:00
then accrual looks like this:
Tuesday: -0:30 (absence)
F (end of week): 0:15 (overtime)
TOTAL: -15 minutes

But in reality, the employee has worked 7h15 min, and should have +15 min accruals.

The problem here is that absence should be computed at the same time as overtime policy. If overtime is weekly, then absence should also be.

Of course, my problem is I cannot use daily overtime policy (I guess, even I didn't try it, the computation would be fine).

Am I missing something? Is there a way to configure this properly?

Could this be related to the fact that in my "Schedule Policy", it is impossible to select an "Overtime Policy": the list remains empty despite I do have several overtime policies?

thx
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex has no concept of weekly absence policies. These also present all sorts of other issues, for example what happens if an employee misses 3 out 5 days of work? Are 16hrs of absence time all placed on the last day they worked? Is overtime paid on the absence time? In some unions thats the case, so it can get extremely complex.

There are a few options for you with the current system:
1. Switch to a daily overtime policy
2. Not having an undertime policy and simply let the overtime bank for longer periods so employees can take time off with their vacations or get it paid out at some non-regular interval.
3. Leave it how it is.

As for the overtime policy assigned to the schedule policy, you need to create a overtime policy of type "Over Schedule / No Schedule" before it will show up on the schedule policy.