Setup Queries

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jwmuliro

Setup Queries

Post by jwmuliro »

Hi,

I've been trying to setup TT for Kenya, and all in all the application has performed exactly as expected. I do however have a few questions for areas I seem unable to figure out and the Admin Guide is not detailed enough in such areas.

I'm running in WinXP using TT version 2.1.0-rc4 on XAMPP version 1.6.3a.

1. When I generate reports I can't get the Export Icon (Excel) to respond at all.

2. Our social security is referred to as NSSF (National Social Security Fund) and has a distinct number per employee that is needed in monthly returns to the authorities. How do I incorporate this new number and have in appear during report generation?

3. Our Health insurance fund is referred to as NHIF and presents a similar problem as the NSSF issue above for the membership number that needs to be quoted in returns.

4. When generating tax brackets using advanced percent (Tax/Deductions) I found that on the paystub each bracket is shown separately. I would like it combined into a single paystub, but when I use a single paystub to receive the resulting calculations it is shown individually for each bracket calculation rather than adding the deductions into a single total and displaying only the result in the paystub account. Is it possible to total all brackets into a single paystub account for the display on the paysub?

5. I have a negative deduction (tax rebate) that depends on amount earned and applies fixed rebates. How would I go about implementing this.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
jwmuliro

Setup Queries

Post by jwmuliro »

Hi again,

I made an mistake on the TT version number indicated since I recently upgraded.

I'm now running in WinXP using TT version 2.2.8 on XAMPP version 1.6.3a. I used the Windows installer but copied the resulting files to my XAMPPs HTDOCS folder as per my previous installation.

Any help on the topics cited will be greatly appreciated.

Joe
shaunw

Re: Setup Queries

Post by shaunw »

jwmuliro wrote: 1. When I generate reports I can't get the Export Icon (Excel) to respond at all.
What web browser are you using? Have you tried a different one? I know IE7 will block use of the Excel export icon depending on your security settings. You can use the Export button (beside Display Report) instead though.
jwmuliro wrote: 2. Our social security is referred to as NSSF (National Social Security Fund) and has a distinct number per employee that is needed in monthly returns to the authorities. How do I incorporate this new number and have in appear during report generation?
It depends on which report you need. Chances are you will need to do some custom development for this though.
jwmuliro wrote: 3. Our Health insurance fund is referred to as NHIF and presents a similar problem as the NSSF issue above for the membership number that needs to be quoted in returns.
Same as above.
jwmuliro wrote: 4. When generating tax brackets using advanced percent (Tax/Deductions) I found that on the paystub each bracket is shown separately. I would like it combined into a single paystub, but when I use a single paystub to receive the resulting calculations it is shown individually for each bracket calculation rather than adding the deductions into a single total and displaying only the result in the paystub account. Is it possible to total all brackets into a single paystub account for the display on the paysub?
Not for displaying on the pay stub no. But on reports they will be combined into one column.
jwmuliro wrote: 5. I have a negative deduction (tax rebate) that depends on amount earned and applies fixed rebates. How would I go about implementing this.
Unfortunately I don't think TimeTrex supports this at this time. We would have to add a "Fixed Amount Bracket" calculation type or something along those lines to support this.
jwmuliro

Setup Queries

Post by jwmuliro »

Hi Shaun,

I appreciate the prompt response. I have no idea how I'll resolve the issues, but I may look at trying to set up comprehensive tax formulas using the programming route.

I am using Opera as my browser. I'll check the browser settings regarding the inability to export CSV data.

Thanks.
Joe