New Problem!

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
worldwidelab

New Problem!

Post by worldwidelab »

After getting past all of the errors and continuing I get this:

3. Database Configuration

Connection test to your database as a non-privileged user has FAILED! Please correct them and try again.
Connection test to your database as a privileged user has FAILED! Please correct the user name/password and try again.
Please enter your database configuration information below. If you are unsure, use the default values.
Database Type: MYSQL w/lnnoDB
Host Name: localhost
Database Name: timetrex
User Name for TimeTrex: timetrex
Password for TimeTrex: ENTER_PASSWORD_HERE
Privileged Database User Name / Password. This is only used to create the database schema if the above user does not have permissions to do so.
Privileged Database User Name: root (ie: root, postgres)
Privileged Database User Password: ultumix

What am I doing wrong now? /var/www/ and all it's contents are set to allow all users to read and write. I don't understand the problem.

I tried all 4 Database Type options. I also tried using owner and owner for the username and password. Nothing works.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

worldwidelab

Post by worldwidelab »

Before reading this keep in mind that everything is in /var/www/ in the timetrex folder and that all users have permission to read and write to that directory and all sub directories. Additional info is here: http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=781

This is what I tried:

[root@timetrex ~]# mysql -u root mysql

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'timetrex'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '<MY_PASS>' WITH GRANT OPTION;

mysql> create database timetrex;

mysql> quit;

Now to test that everything worked:

[root@timetrex ~]# mysql -u timetrex -p<MY_PASS> timetrex

It you get the "mysql>" prompt, it worked!

This is what I got:

root@Ultumix-desktop:/# mysql -u root mysql
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I assume that if that didn't work that this http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=40 won't work either until I get this working.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In those commands, you need to replace:

<MY_PASS>

With your password.

Don't use either > or < in your password either.
worldwidelab

Post by worldwidelab »

As you see here:
mysql -u root mysql

I didn't put in <my_pass> before I got problems. I got problems right away.

All I did was log in as root by typing su and then putting in "mysql -u root mysql" and then I got the error. It acts like the root does not have permission to change whatever "mysql -u root mysql" changes.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Not much I can help you with there unfortunately.

You need to know your MySQL root password or some other way to login to MySQL so you can administer the database.
worldwidelab

Post by worldwidelab »

I added mysql user privileges to owner and root. I also gave it a password. Nothing I do seems to make any difference. Every time I try to do anything with it it rejects me and gets angry. ?

I'm just running it on Ubuntu 8.04 nothing fancy.

how do I know the database name is "timetrex" ?

Am I suppose to use my username and password for the user that I log in as to manage timetrex? or is there some other password and user name?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Were you able to connect to the MySQL console?

root@Ultumix-desktop:/# mysql -u root mysql

Or does that still fail for you?

On Ubuntu, you may want to try:

root@Ultumix-desktop:/# sudo mysql -u root mysql

Once you can connect to the MySQL console, you should be able to run the commands in the earlier FAQ entry I sent you.
worldwidelab

Post by worldwidelab »

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

This is completely unrelated to TimeTrex, so please consult the MySQL manual on how to obtain access to the MySQL console, or changing the MySQL "root" password.
worldwidelab

Post by worldwidelab »

When I installed MYSQL it asked me for a user name and password and I gave it owner for both.