Timesheet Detail Report doesn't run properly

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
rnicksic

Timesheet Detail Report doesn't run properly

Post by rnicksic »

I can't get the Timesheet Detail report to run properly. Regardless of the parameters I select, I get sent to the report parameter selection page in a new window.

I just upgraded to the latest release (2.2.9)
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What browser and version are you using?

Do you have popups blocked by chance?
rnicksic

Post by rnicksic »

Firefox 2.0.0.14, popups allowed for timetrex. The Timesheet Summary report runs just fine, as do other reports, but not the Timesheet Detail report.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can you try running the same report on our self-serve Demonstration located here:

http://demo.timetrex.com/interface/Logi ... sword=demo
rnicksic

Post by rnicksic »

The report runs and generates data on the demo site. On my installation, I get a new tab with the report parameter selection screen.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, can you please email support@timetrex.com instructions on how to connect to your TimeTrex installation (URL, login/password) so we can test it out to see if its a browser issue, or something else.

Please reference this thread in your email.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I took a look and there seems to be something strange with your installation, some menu options aren't appearing that should be and such too.

How did you install or upgrade your TimeTrex?

Its quite possible some of the files never got updated either due to permission issues or some other reason.

There are a few things you could try:

1. Try installing TimeTrex on another computer, see if the same issue occurs.

2. A completely fresh install on the same computer. You will need to uninstall your current version of TimeTrex, and delete the directory completely before reinstalling.

3. Purchase a support package and one of our support staff can connect to your computer and fix the issue.
rnicksic

Post by rnicksic »

I think I'll try the install on a different machine, as I was planning on moving it to a production server anyway.

Thanks again for your assistance.