Requests doesn't show up..

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
dre@ms

Requests doesn't show up..

Post by dre@ms »

Hi,

I have been using your TimeTrex software for the past 2 weeks..it works great and you people have done a awesome job.

I am only the administrator and other person I have created as payroll administrator.

Some of my employees forget to punch in and they raise a request.

Timesheet > Request.

In which user account does this request show for approval???

As of now in my account(admin) or the payroll admin account it doesnt show.

After going through the manual, I have now created a authorization hierarchy..Only my name is included in it with a prefix 1.

I have selected all the 4 objects(timesheet, request, exception, permission) but still nothing shows up.

As of now, I have to goto time sheet, select the employee from the drop down, then it shows the request he has made, with pending authorization, I select it and then approve.

What should I do now?? All the request made by the employee must show in my account.

Also I am not able to change my admin account to any other account. How do i do that??

Need help as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You need to add all employees to the authorization hierarchy underneath you. For example:

(1) Mr. Administrator
....(2) John Doe
....(2) Jane Doe

If your hierarchy looks like that, when John or Jane submit a request, it will appear in Mr. Administrators authorization list for approval.
dre@ms

Post by dre@ms »

Thanks for the speedy reply shaun..I wil try it out and post the result.

Actually I have many queries regarding your splendid software. Wil ask one by one.

I have emailed this query to you people and Mike was following up with it. Here it goes agin since I didn't get a answwer from Mike.

We are from India, but unfortunately the Indian tiezone GMT +5.30 is not listed in your software. So I chose India, but when I punch in or out, the time displayed is incorrect. It will be AM when I punch in, but the time displayed in the punch window will be PM.

I went thru all the topics in this forum and could see this issue has been dealt with many times. In one of the post, youy have asked to select Asia/Calcutta.

Unfortunately, this time zone is not available in the vesion of TimeTrex i have installed. It is the .11 version.

As of now as a workaround, We have chosen GMT +5.00 from TimeTrex and adjusted all our system time to 30 minutes ahead. By this workaround we are able to capture the correct time.

Logically this is not healthy for a organisation, so I need a working solution for this ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please see this post:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=825

We are unable to replicate the issue on our end.

Have you tried testing our Online Self-Serve Demonstration to see if it works correctly there?
dre@ms

Post by dre@ms »

shaunw wrote:Please see this post:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=825

We are unable to replicate the issue on our end.

Have you tried testing our Online Self-Serve Demonstration to see if it works correctly there?
How do i do that??

Edit - The authorization hierarchy works now..I am able to view the request employee makes in my home page. thnx
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Here is a direct link to our Online Demonstration:

http://demo.timetrex.com/interface/Logi ... sword=demo
dre@ms

Post by dre@ms »

I tried the online demo..tried to punch in, it shows 1 hour behind..the time is 9.40 and the demo showed 8.40.

Bizarre..any ideas now??
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Do you observe daylight saving time?

You mentioned that you are GMT +5.30, and when you select Asia/Calcutta in our online demo, it shows (GMT +5.30) on the side, which is what the timezone is considered to be. So I'm confused as to why it would be an hour off still.
dre@ms

Post by dre@ms »

No we don't.

I selected Asia/Calcutta from New hire defaults and Admins prefs.

Corrected my system time to normal.

Clicked punch in/out..the page shows the correct time.

But my query is, in my current version of TimeTrex installed, I am not able to find Asia/Calcutta.

How could I bring it in??
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In your version of TimeTrex "India" timezone is actually Asia/Calcutta.
dre@ms

Post by dre@ms »

But when I choose India timezone in both new hire defaults and employee prefs, when I punch in it shows a wrong time.

Like, I come to office at 9.00, I punch in, the time in punch in window shows 5.30 PM. It is not working when I select India.

My computers time zone is working, mean while not only in my computer it shows this time difference, we have 17 other computers and they too show the same time difference when India is selected.

Need a workaround or solution.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex v2.2.12 will be released in the next day or so, give that a try and see if it helps at all.
dre@ms

Post by dre@ms »

that's great..eager to try the new version and fix this up.

How to go about the upgrade, will the database be deleted.

need detailed instructions please.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

v2.2.12 was released yesterday, you can download it from our website.

The upgrade process is exactly the same as the original install process, none of your data will be lost, however backups are always recommended.