Recuring Holidays on "My Schedule"

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jreade

Recuring Holidays on "My Schedule"

Post by jreade »

I would like the recurring holidays to show up on "My Schedule". Right now I can only get my custom holidays to show up.

Also I would like all the holidays to show on the printed version as well.

Thank you very much for your help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Recurring holidays will appear on schedules if they are assigned to a holiday policy, which is also assigned to an employee, and you are viewing the schedule less then 60 days before the holiday occurs.

Basically the way it works is that recurring holidays which are assigned to holiday policies are added to those holiday policies 60 days before they are scheduled to occur.

Only holidays in this list will show up on the timesheet/schedules. This may be what you are referring to as "custom" holidays, but to see the list you can go to Admin -> Policies -> Holiday Policies, then click "Holidays" beside the holiday policy. You can manually add holidays here too if you like, for example to add any historical holidays that you wish. For the most part TimeTrex should take care of this for you automatically though.

I recommend looking at our Online University Holiday Policy course for more information.
jreade

Post by jreade »

Yes the Holiday List was what I was referring to as "custom" holidays. I am still having a problem though. The recurring holidays aren't being added to this list. MLK day is the 19th of Jan - Less than 60 days away - and it is not added on the list. Also I added my own recurring holiday for the 1st of Feb - also less than 60 days away - and that is not showing up in the holiday list. Is there someway to reset the server or something so that it adds these days to the list? Could the problem be that I just made the holiday policy a few days ago? I've added all my employees to the policy group which has my holiday policy as its holiday policy. I've also made sure to add all the recurring holidays, including my own, to the holiday policy. If I'm missing something, I don't know what it is.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It may take up to 48hrs for the recurring holidays to be added to the list after they are created, or added to a holiday policy, assuming your maintenance jobs are all working correctly that is.
jreade

Post by jreade »

maintenance jobs?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you are not getting a big red banner at the top of each page saying your maintenance jobs are not running, you should be fine.
jreade

Post by jreade »

Well I do get this warning but I disabled it.

WARNING: TimeTrex was unable to set your time zone. Please contact your
TimeTrex administrator immediately.

Would that be the problem?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you've manually disabled that warning without actually fixing the issue, then yes, your TimeTrex is completely crippled and not working properly at all. You will start noticing totals are not adding up, things won't be happening that should be (such as this holiday issue), exceptions won't work correctly, the list goes on.

That message is there for a reason, and its big and red and at the top of every page for a reason too. If maintenance jobs are not working, your TImeTrex is not installed properly and not functioning. Its like driving to drive a car with four flat tires.

Getting maintenance jobs working again more then two weeks after you have been using TimeTrex can also be a problem, because you need to go back and run the maintenance jobs on all past days, which can be a major undertaking.