email

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
kendo

email

Post by kendo »

I have installed the newest version (as of last week) to a windows XP sp3 machine. I am on a MS domain. everyone can connect to timetrex within the domain. However when you tell the system you forgot your password an email is never recieved. Is there a config file where I point it to my SMTP server?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, in the TimeTrex/php/php.ini file, you can search for a section that looks like this:
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
;SMTP = localhost
;smtp_port = 25
Remove the ";" from the beginning of the SMTP and smtp_port lines, then define your SMTP settings and save the file.
jreade

ESMTP ???

Post by jreade »

what about the ESMTP username and password?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

PHP doesn't support ESMTP out of the box. You will likely need to enable relay support from your TimeTrex server IP address.
jreade

Post by jreade »

When I add this:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
;SMTP = localhost
;smtp_port = 25

to the TimeTrex/php/php.ini file. I can no longer log into TimeTrex.

Also the TimeTrex/php/php.ini says:

;WARNING: DO NOT CHANGE THIS AFTER YOU HAVE INSTALLED scheduler.
;If you do it will cause all your passwords to become invalid,
;and you may lose access to some encrypted data.

Does that mean don't change any part of the file or just the part directly after it where is says salt = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its just referring to the "salt = <...>" line.

I suggest undoing whatever change you made that caused you to not be able to login to TimeTrex.

Unfortunately I can't decipher your post enough to be of much more help, it simply does not make sense. The part you said you added to the php.ini file won't do anything because each line is commented out.
jreade

Post by jreade »

Actually you answered my question thank you. And I accidentally copied and pasted in the wrong thing what I added was that but with the last 2 lines uncommented. I think why I was unable to login was because I added the [mail function] after the [other] section. When I moved it above the [other] section, I could login again. Weird error I know.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

[mail function] is for PHP itself, and goes in the php/php.ini file.

[other] section, (which contains the "salt =" line) is for TimeTrex itself, and goes in the timetrex/timetrex.ini.php.

These are two completely different files, and contain completely different options. You can't mix the two at all, that will definitely cause problems.
jreade

Post by jreade »

Thank you very much! I didn't realize that.