TimeSheets Authorization Procedure

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
fred

TimeSheets Authorization Procedure

Post by fred »

I've been looking for some information regarding the procedure on how supervisors can Authorize Timesheets.

(Sorry if I missed that topic on the forum)

I know that under the Admin menu the Authorization page includes :``Pending TimeSheets ``

Timesheets that are not already approved by an admin or supervisor should be appear there right ?

And also, once the supervisor authorized the timesheet, is it locked automaticaly on the employee side ?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The procedure is basically this:

The current date must pass the pay periods end date, and it must be before the pay periods transaction date. (unless you change these settings under Pay Period Schedule)

Employee verifies their timesheet.

Supervisor sees pending timesheets under Admin -> Authorization, authorizes the timesheet verification.

This of course assumes that your hierarchy is setup properly for timesheet verifications and the employee actually has a supervisor.

Timesheet verification is for information purposes only, it serves absolutely no other purpose. By default employees can't edit their timesheets anyways, but regardless verifying timesheets has no affect on this.