How do I delete registered fingerprints in a TTA8?

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Nox

How do I delete registered fingerprints in a TTA8?

Post by Nox »

I have a very curious problem that I would like to try a few things on. So, the short question is: If I delete the enrolled employee ID in the timeclock, will it delete only the registered fingerprints and simply re-download that employee ID from timetrex? Or will it somehow affect the timetrex software?

Here is how I came around to that question:

We had an employee quit, so we marked her account in TimeTrex as terminated. This employee came back to work several months later, so I simply re-enabled her account.

I assumed that her fingerprints would still be on file, so I did not have her re-register her fingerprints. However, the TTA8 timeclock would not accept her fingerprint. At the time I didn't think too much about it, I just logged into the timeclock to enroll a fingerprint for her, and it prompted me for a backup enroll for 00008-0, which I understand to be the first backup fingerprint. It worked for that day but the next day it would not recognize her fingerprint anymore.

When I tried to register another fingerprint for her, it said I needed to enroll backup fingerprint 0008-0. I understand that it should be prompting for 0008-1 if the backup enroll 0008-0 was still remembered in the system. If I have her enroll another backup fingerprint, it works for a day, then stops.

It is the same employee and she retained all of her original start date vacation time, etc, so I do not want to create a new user to fix this problem, so I wanted to try and delete all of her fingerprints on file and re-enroll her fingerprint again.

I admit, I don't understand how fingerprints are stored or why it would be wiping out the backup fingerprints, so I don't want to call this a bug with an ex-terminated user until I try things other than creating a new user.
shaunw

Re: How do I delete registered fingerprints in a TTA8?

Post by shaunw »

For questions regarding TimeTrex Business or Professional Editions, please email support@timetrex.com, we are able to respond to your questions much faster and more accurately that way. There is of course no additional charge for this service.