Down for Maintenance on Delete punch

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
gimecoffee

Down for Maintenance on Delete punch

Post by gimecoffee »

When using the punch list to delete (check box line and delete button at the bottom of the page) we get this message.

Code: Select all

Down for Maintenance
TimeTrex is unable to connect to its database, please make sure that the database has been started and is running. 
But if I edit the punch it let's me delete from there with no problem. Obviously the DB is not down because I'm getting a list and can delete them under edit.

Any thought on why?
Thank you
Rois Cannon
shaunw

Re: Down for Maintenance on Delete punch

Post by shaunw »

What version of TimeTrex are you using?

What database are you using?

What operating system?

How did you install TimeTrex, manually using the .ZIP file, or using our automated installers?
gimecoffee

Post by gimecoffee »

>What version of TimeTrex are you using?
TimeTrex_Business_Edition_v3.0.6.zip

>What database are you using?
postgresql8.4-server-8.4.2-0.1mdv2010.0

>What operating system?
Mandriva 2010.0

>How did you install TimeTrex, manually using the .ZIP file, or using our automated installers?
zip
softdevelopment

Post by softdevelopment »

I'm having the same problem :(
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I'm not able to replicate this issue on our end, so first please try to clear out your TimeTrex cache directory to see if that helps (could be a permission issue), if that doesn't work try upgrading to v3.0.8 of TimeTrex.
gimecoffee

Post by gimecoffee »

shaunw wrote:I'm not able to replicate this issue on our end, so first please try to clear out your TimeTrex cache directory to see if that helps (could be a permission issue), if that doesn't work try upgrading to v3.0.8 of TimeTrex.
How do I clear the cache directory (eg rm -rfR [cachedir] or is there a clear cache function in the timetrex interface) and will that cause any immediate issue with users currently on the system.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yup, just delete all the files/directories inside in the TimeTrex cache directory. You don't want to delete the cache directory itself, otherwise you will need to re-create it and make sure the proper permissions are set.

This won't affect anything at all, the cache files are designed to be deleted at anytime as they are only temporary to help speed things up.
gimecoffee

Post by gimecoffee »

shaunw wrote:Yup, just delete all the files/directories inside in the TimeTrex cache directory. You don't want to delete the cache directory itself, otherwise you will need to re-create it and make sure the proper permissions are set.

This won't affect anything at all, the cache files are designed to be deleted at anytime as they are only temporary to help speed things up.
No joy on deleting the cache directory. Still getting the same database connection message. How difficult/disruptive is doing an update?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Doing the update shouldn't be disruptive at all, you basically follow the exact same procedure that you did to initially install TimeTrex. (unzip the file overtop of your existing installation then run the installer) Normally it doesn't take more then 5-10 minutes.