Assign employees to multiple branches and departments

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
bonhomme

Assign employees to multiple branches and departments

Post by bonhomme »

Hi Shawn,

We had some test this morning and some questions came out. First level we have some cases here where employees are assigned to multiple department or branches. Can Timetrex handle that situation? What is "Who is in summary" stand for in the report module?

B.Sanon
shaunw

Re: Assign employees to multiple branches and departments

Post by shaunw »

Yes, TimeTrex can definitely handle employees recording time against an unlimited number of branches/departments/jobs/tasks.

The Whos In Summary report is a report which tells you exactly which employees are punched in/out at the exact moment in time.
bonhomme

Post by bonhomme »

Could you please inform us how that can be done because we could not find out how to deal with such situation. It only shows data in DEFAULT DEPARTMENT OR BRANCH.
bonhomme

Post by bonhomme »

I do not know if you understand me well the issue is that: Here we have case where an employee is working in the same company but this same person is assigned to different departments or branches.

That's the scenario. It seems Timetrex only accepts an employee to have a default department or branch.

B.Sanon
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In the employees profile, you can assign employees to a single default branch/department, this has no bearing on how employees record their time though.

When employees punch in/out, they can choose a branch/department at that time, thereby recording their time to any given department. You will then see on the employees timesheet (and reports) time allotted to each branch/department accordingly.
bonhomme

Post by bonhomme »

Thank you i will report to my bass
gimecoffee

Post by gimecoffee »

shaunw wrote:When employees punch in/out, they can choose a branch/department at that time, thereby recording their time to any given department. You will then see on the employees timesheet (and reports) time allotted to each branch/department accordingly.
Where exactly is that report???? I'd like a "Timesheet Summary Report" WITH clocked branch info. All I can find is "default branch" for the employee. I want to labor code the employee's time and print a report for our payroll processing company that shows each employee and how many hours to pay coded to a branch.

EI-
Edgar, John - 12 Regular hours @ Downtown
Edgar, John - 12 Regular hours @ Uptown
Doe, John - 35 Regular hours @ Downtown
Doe, John - 5 Regular hours @ Uptown
Doe, John - 2 OT hours @ Uptown
Moe, Zelda 3.5 Regular Hours @ corporate

Thoughts?
Rois Cannon
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

See the Punch Summary or Wages Payable reports instead.
gimecoffee

Post by gimecoffee »

shaunw wrote:See the Punch Summary or Wages Payable reports instead.
Exactly what I was looking for. -Thx
mgreenberg

Post by mgreenberg »

I have similar needs as described in this thread. The wages payable report appears to be what I need. I am selecting the following columns: full name, employee #, branch, department, regular time, leave bank. But the report is only generating full name, regular time, and leave bank time. Why isn't it including the other columns? I know there is data for separate branches and departments because I can see it on the time card. Thank you.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its likely that you have the Group By options selected, which by definition limits which columns you can see.