Executing install.php > Blank Page

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
fr3ddy

Executing install.php > Blank Page

Post by fr3ddy »

Hi Guys,

i installed the following software:

xampp-win32-1.5.5-installer.exe

PHP 5.20
Apache 2.2.3
MySQL 5.0.27

and would like to run: TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.4.1.zip

ok i configured the timetrex.ini.php

Code: Select all

[path]
base_url = /timetrex/interface
log = D:\03_xampp\timetrex\log
storage = D:\03_xampp\timetrex\storage
php_cli = D:\03_xampp\xampp\php

[database]
type = mysqlt

host = localhost
database_name = timetrex
user = root
password = root

[cache]
enable = TRUE
dir = D:\03_xampp\timetrex\temp

[debug]
production = TRUE

enable = FALSE
enable_display = FALSE
buffer_output = TRUE
enable_log = TRUE
verbosity = 10

[other]
force_ssl = FALSE
installer_enabled = FALSE
salt = 0
The problem ist now ... that if i execute this:

http://127.0.0.1/timetrex/interface/install/install.php

i will get a Blank Page.

so what could i do to solve the problem?

btw ... i got no php errors ...

pls help

best regards,
Fr3ddy
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Did you enable PHP error logging as per http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89?

We have gotten a few similar reports lately, so if you are able to give us remote access to your machine to diagnose this that would be a big help. You can use our online chat to talk to one of our support staff and give them the information.
fr3ddy

Post by fr3ddy »

Hi shaunw,

i enabled the error logging. But i got no errors.
I get only a white page after i executed the install.php.

In the moment it is not possible for me to give you remote access to my machine. Sorry! I will install timetrex on a webserver as well. Then i should give you all permissions.

But do you have maybe a other approach?

Or can i give you some special logs, whichever could help you?

fr3ddy
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Try editing interface/install/install.php and removing every "@" (without the quotes, there should be 4 of them), then try it again. Without any error logs we are shooting in the dark, but this may give us a clue.
fr3ddy

Post by fr3ddy »

Here are the results:

Warning: fopen(http://www.timetrex.com/pre_install.php?os=WINNT&php_version=5.2.0&redir=1&web_server=Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.0) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht ordnungsgemäß reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat. in D:\03_xampp\xampp\htdocs\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 65

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in D:\03_xampp\xampp\htdocs\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 65
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can your server not connect http://www.timetrex.com/? Are outgoing connections firewalled by chance?
fr3ddy

Post by fr3ddy »

I can connect via Internet Explorer to your site. But it could be that outgoing connections firewalled by chance.

I will test the whole installation today evening on my private webspace and give you a feedback. If it works, the problem is probably our Firewall.

Am i right?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There is good chance it is your firewall, but we would still like to figure out a solution. Try adding:

ini_set('default_socket_timeout', 5);
near the top, just above

$templates_c_dir = ...
in interface/install/install.php
fr3ddy

Post by fr3ddy »

Hi shaunw,

the problem was really our firewall ... I tested the installation on a separate broadband line and it works now.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,
fr3ddy
dmoisant

Post by dmoisant »

I am behind a firewall also, but have no way to enable access. Corporate policy will not allow individual servers outbound access. Is there another way to get around this?

I see index.php is going out to the http://www.timetrex.com/pre_install.php but that will never work in my environment.

Any other way to complete the install?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please try the fix posted on this comment
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=147#668 with the default socket timeout. You could also comment out the fopen() calls in each of the installer scripts of course.
Ramjee

Post by Ramjee »

I had a similar issue, which got resolved after I used Apache 2.0.59 instead of Apache 2.2.3

I don't recall the link, but I read something to the effect that Apache2.2.3 has some issues with PHP5.2.0.

Please correct me .
rAm
fodde

Same Error

Post by fodde »

shaunw wrote:Try editing interface/install/install.php and removing every "@" (without the quotes, there should be 4 of them), then try it again. Without any error logs we are shooting in the dark, but this may give us a clue.
Hi Shaunw

I struggled with the same issue in previous posts and also couldn't remotely connect with you.

After doing what you suggested (@), this was my output.
Warning: fopen(pre_install.php?os=WINNT&php_version=5.2.0&redir=1&web_server=Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.0 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 65

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 65
[/quote]
fodde

Post by fodde »

Ramjee wrote:I had a similar issue, which got resolved after I used Apache 2.0.59 instead of Apache 2.2.3

I don't recall the link, but I read something to the effect that Apache2.2.3 has some issues with PHP5.2.0.

Please correct me .
I've tried Apache2Triad 1.5.4. (Apache 2.2.0, MySQL 5.0.18, PHP 5.1.2) which produced above errors. I recently installed Xamp 1.5.5. (Apache 2.2.4, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0.27) on a new, cleanly installed pc, with the same error. I even tried a manual installation of MySQL, Apache and PHP (not a bundled version). I've tried all possibilities mentioned in every post in this forum - no success. Now I also wonder whether it is Apache 2.0.59 vs 2.2.3? :?

I am however, behind a proxy server where I need to insert a proxy username and password to access the internet. Maybe this is where the problem lies with the installer script, having to connect to timetrex.com? I don't know, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If so, is there a way of adding the proxy pusername and password in the install.php script?

Regards
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, the problem is because of your proxy. You should be able to complete the installation process regardless of those errors though. Have you tried just continuing on?
fodde

Post by fodde »

I can't. I only get the blank page while running ...timetrx/interface/install/install.php. I've tried it on my home PC whre I control the internet connection - no problem (same apache2triad installation as at work). My problem must therefore be the proxy which gives me a blank first page.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can always comment out the fopen() and fclose() lines in each of the .php files that the installer uses.
fodde

Exception

Post by fodde »

Hi

Thanks, at long last I got past the first blank page by commentiong the fopen( and fclose line. :lol:

BUT, after the site configuration, I recieved the following error (hope this doesn't constitute a new thread) :?
EXCEPTION!
======================================================================
Error message: Invalid Data, not saving.
Error code: 0
Script Name: C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\timetrex\classes\modules\core\Factory.class.php
Line Number: 774
======================================================================
EXCEPTION!
[/quote]

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, please start a new topic and enable full debugging so we can see whats going on. I would maybe recommend deleting your database and starting the installation fresh "just to be sure".
fodde

Success at last

Post by fodde »

After I've read all the posts and posted a few myself re. my problem (blank first page on installation), I found the solution on one post.

It was all related to the fact that we need to insert a username and password for a proxy server. Even after commenting out fopen( and fclose( as suggested, it still presented with a problem (either blank page or the exception error).

All my installation problems were fixed after I've connected my server to the internet via a modem and DUN connection - everything went smoothly and installed perfectly, even upgrades from 1.12 to 1.4 and to 1.5.

Therefore: the connectivity to the internet is a major issue when installing Timetrex. Everybody with blank first page issues, please also check your connectivity.

Is it possible that Timetrex could add an option of selecting off-/online before installing?

Thanks for all the posts.
:lol: [/b]
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I will let the developers know, having an internet connection shouldn't stop the installation from happening, its really not that important, so they may have just missed something in that regard.